Movingday

'Pfft, I think this is the last one!' Max sighed as he put down what he thought was the last box.

'No, there are still three boxes in the back of my car' the Monegasque said as he also put down a box with 'pictures' written on it.

They both took a deep breath, kind of done with how much work it was to move all the boxes out of Charles's apartment in to Max's. Especially having to wear a face mask all of the time. They were trained athletes but still struggled for proper air in their lungs with carrying the big and heavy boxes.

The couple had decided to move in to Max's condo cause Max, when not in COVID times always worked out at home for his weight training, not even bothering to move himself to the gym. He loved racing and he would do anything to be in formula one and hopefully a world champion some day. But he was not particularly fond of that part of the job. So he made it as easy as possible for himself. Doing all the work at home.
But the home gym also made it hard to explain to Max's trainer, Brad why he would all of a sudden want to workout at a gym so that's why they both decided this was the easiest. For now this was not a problem cause Max did all his training sessions online. Brad being at home in England during the pandemic.
Charles already did all his workouts at the fancy gym in the Montecarlo city centre. So he wouldn't have to explain himself to Andrea when they could train together again.

Ultimately they would have to come up with some explanations but for now the world was still in lockdown so they would talk about that at a later moment.

'So this is all?' Max asked as he stacked two boxes so Charles only had to carry one.
'Yes, these are the last' he sighed satisfied. 'Only my piano still has to come, but the boys will help us with that next week' he smiled at him though Max probably couldn't see through the Mask though he could probably see his eyes crinkle a little.

Charles's friends and brothers would help move the Piano in to Max's apartment cause it would be quite suspicious for a moving company to move Charles's piano in to Max's house. Obviously they wanted to be discreet and don't take any chances. Also they were moving in a freaking pandemic so a moving company was hard to find.

'Welcome to your new house Charlie' Max smiled at him as they put down the last boxes, closing the door and taking off his face mask as he closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.
Charles also took of his mask as he smiled at him. 'My house?' He winked playfully.
'Our house' Max smiled contently as he pecked his lips before he grinned at him.
'Mi casa es tu casa!' He smiled proudly.
'You know that is Spanish and not Italian right?' Charles snorted.
Max turned red quickly but tried to be nonchalant.
'I know that, but this is like the famous saying or whatever?!' He tried.
'True' Charles smiled at him.
'But if you want to know In Italian it is: la mia casa è la tua casa'
'Sound the same to me!' Max said with a playfull smile as he stook out his tongue.
'But anyway, ma maison est ta Maison' he said as he pulled the monegasque closer to him who willingly rested his head on his brought torso, just enjoying the moment.
'Where and when did you learn to speak French so well Maxy?' He pushed his boyfriend playfully.
'Well first of all, I live in Monaco for 5 years now and I don't know if you know but they speak French their so I had to learn some' he grinned. 'And secondly I have a Fren-'
Charles put his finger on his mouth to hush him.
'Watch out what your saying next Verstappen!' He said staring him dead in the eye. God how Charles hated to be called French! He was a proud Monegasque for god's sake!
'Hey, easy there tiger' Max smirked as he booped his nose with a smirk. 'I was going to say French SPEAKING boyfriend' as he laid the emphasis on speaking.
Charles now smiled back at him again.
'Yeah okay then you are right'

After a little while the couple went on with putting the boxes in their designated rooms. So they could easily be unpacked later. Only the necessary boxes they would unpack today.

'We should probably have thought this trough a bit more' Max said as he scratched his head trying to figure out how to get all of Charles's clothes in too his closet. He thought with the almost empty closet he wouldn't have a problem fitting it all in. Can you blame him, he just likes his basics okay?! So why would he need more he just isn't really in to fashion and clothing, he has a boyfriend who easily makes up this love for what he lacks.

'How many denim jackets could one man need?' He wondered loudly as Charles walked in to the room with another box with 'clothes' written on it. As he held like the eighth piece of denim jacket in his hands.
'Denim is timeless Maxy, you could never have enough' he smiled at him.
'But they are all the same?' He protested.
'No they are not, they have a different shade' he replied as he held two of the pieces together. Max decided to leave it for the better. A discussion on a denim jacket would not change anything.
'Fine! But at least help me figure out how to get all of this in this closet okay?' He said as he slung his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder before placing a chaste peck on his cheek.
'That I can do' he smiled fully dimpled.

That night they went to bed early, totally spend because of the moving and the unpacking of boxes that day. They had ordered pizza and eaten that on the couch before deciding on calling it a early night.

They lay cuddled in the bed together like they did so many times before, but now it wasn't just Max's bed , it was their bed, in their house, this was a new step in their relationship, in their story. They both smiled in the dark, starring in the others eyes, sparking and illuminated by the full moon in the sky.

They could only look forward at what was yet to come. And with those thoughts and said 'I love you's' they fell asleep,