Il predestinato

For 53 laps he fought and he battled he was now turning in to parabolica only a couple more meters and he would have done it. When he got to the chequered flag he came to his senses again. He saw the red beside the track and heard the screams over his enigine. He had won the Italian Grand Prix, in a Ferrari. He had done it, only a week after his first win. He couldn't believe it.

The podium was insane, he only saw a sea of red with a hint of yellow. This one was special . He felt the love and that he made his people, the tifosi proud! He made his father and Jules proud. His brothers and mother. He felt high , a high he wasn't planning on coming down from anytime soon. So when in a split second he made eye contact with Max who was walking in the pitlane he knew tonight was going to be a good night.

After Charles had the dinner with Ferrari celebrating him and his win he stumbled to the hotel a bit tipsy, luckily for him they stayed in the same hotel even on the same floor. So when he reached the room he was searching for he eagerly knocked on the door. 'Common Maxy!, time to celebrate!' He slurred out. Only a second later Max opened the door his eyes comically wide. 'Ssshht, you mad man! do you want others to hear?' he said as he pulled his boyfriend in the room while shaking his head fondly. Charles slung his arms around Max who alomost fell backwards from the sudden movement. As Charles attacked his face and neck with kisses 'woohoo easy there tiger!' He said as he pulled away just a little to look The Monegask in his eyes. 'You had a nice celebration?' He smirked at the slightly younger man. 'Yeah I did' he said triomfantickly as he walked towards the minibar. 'But the person I wanted to celebrate the most with was you!' He smiled as he pulled a bottle of champagne from the mini fridge that he then quickly openend. They toasted and drank a little before Max took their glasses and put it on the table. 'What are you doing?' Charles asked a bit confused his eyebrows raised. 'You said... and showed ... you wanted to celebrate' he said with a wink. 'So let's celebrate!' before he started to kiss his way down as Charles gripped his hair. 'Mon dieu! Can we make this a tradition every time one of us wins' he moaned out. Max winked at him before he continued the celebrations.

A little while later the couple was laying tangled in the rippled white sheets of the hotel bed. Back's against the headrest while they sipped on their left over Champagne.
'I hope soon it's us though' Charles said as he was drawing figures on the Dutchman's chest.
Max shifted a little so he could look in to his lovers eyes. 'Mhh what do you mean Charlie?' 'Us on the podium I mean, like it always has been before' they both smiled at the thought. 'Yeah but this time around with a little less hatred' he snorted.

Only two weeks later they stood on the podium together Charles in second and max in third on Singapore. To be fair Charles could have won if it wasn't for Ferrari's pitstop strategy. But nevertheless it was a podium and a 1-2 for the team.

They could have had a podium together in Brazil. Max won the race by a mile. Charles was battling for p3 when he and Sebastian made contact and that meant no podium for both prancing horses. Later after the celebrations Charles was already waiting in front of his hotel room door. 'Hey race winner, there you are' Charles smiled at him. 'Hi' he smiled back as he opens the door for them. 'I'm proud of you' the Monegask says as he cirkels his arms around the Dutchman's shoulders and kisses him. ' mm love you' he says now with his nose in the crook of Max's neck. 'I love you to lief' he said before he gave Charles a kiss on his cheek. 'I know we had planned on celebrating each race win but do you mind if we just take a bath and watch a movie?' Max asked. 'Ofcourse I don't mind Maxy you won so you can say how you wanna celebrate'

Max wouldn't have minded their arranged celebrations but he knew how Charles could get after a mistake in the race so he wanted to make sure he was alright and not beating himself up about what happend. Just spent some quality time with him and give him comfort where needed. Like Max had expected that was the right call cause 10 minutes in to the movie they were watching Charles's started to talk about the race and how he felt like a failure. Max comforted him and talk the race through with him. They started to do that more often, debrief the race together. Just another way to share their shared passion together.

'I just wish we could have had another podium together this year.' Charles sighed as he cuddled up against the dutchman. 'Hey, we still have one race left this year.' He said As he looked at him. 'Yeah, but we are not really the favorites for on that podium, it will probably be Lewis, Valteri and Sebastian again' at that Max placed his fingers under Charles's chin to make him look at him. 'Hey, we are not that bad' he chuckled. 'Besides I know for a fact we will be on the podium together' now Charles snorted. 'How can you be so sure?' 'You just wait and see Charlie. When have I ever been wrong? He grinned before he added. 'And what does that Italian media say again? You are il predestinato or whatever but didn't they say we were meant to race together' he smugly winked. 'Charles smile got seemingly bigger. 'How is it that you can be so insufferable and make me the happiest person in the same time' he said as he pecked the Dutchman's lips. 'Cause you would be bored without me!' 'Yeah probably'

Two weeks later was the last race of the season Abu-Dhabi. Lewis was already world Champion but the third place in the championship was still undecided.I could go either way. Max qualified third and Charles in fourth. But because of a grid penalty for bottas they would move up one place. At the start of the race Charles overtook Max but by lap 32 Max overtook Charles back in turn eight. They finished in their respective starting positions but more importantly they finished both on the podium so Max was right.
After they did some donuts on the main straight they parked their cars to walk to the spot were Lewis was already standing.
They congratulated Lewis before they could congratulate each other. Being aware of their surroundings and wanting to keep up the facade they ended up but stopping their hug which resulted in the most awkward side hug. While Max's whispered smugly 'see, told you so!'