In the name of love

Max and Charles were both getting ready in their respective rooms for the night. Max was standing in front of his suitcase choosing what to wear while Charles was in his bathroom styling his hair. While they chatted on the phone with the other.

'I cant believe we both slipped up at the same day after a year of hiding it so well' Charles Chuckled.
'Me neither, good that we were planning on telling them anyway' Max smiled back. 'And im so glad that they both reacted so well, makes me a little less anxious for tonight' he added. 'Yeah me to, but im glad after tonight i can at least call you my boyfriend in front of my friends' he smiled. 'Yeah id love that...see you tonight Charlie and if their is anything you call me okay? I love you!' He told the monegask. 'I love you to' he breathed out before they hung up yo get ready for the night.

Charles was walking with his friends towards the hotel restaurant to eat before they would head out to the festival. Charles had made sure to book the private dining room so they didn't get recognised and that people couldn't eavesdrop on their conversation. Pierre had recognised his friends unsure posture so had thrown his arm around him. 'It will be okay petit, we all love you nothing changes that' he smiled at him. 'Thank you pear' he smiled back before they entered the dining room.
They all ordered their food and fell in to an easy chatter. Charles was debating on when to tell them, so when Pierre gave him a knowing smile and a reassuring squeeze on his knee he decided to just rip the bandaid off.
'Sooo uhm guys' Charles started, he waited till he got the attention from all of his friends before he continued. 'Im just gonna say it because im afraid if i wait any longer i wont do it anymore' he blurted out. 'But their is something you guys need to know about me' he continued as he saw his friend looking expectingly at him. 'I'm, i , i, i'm gay' he stammered out fixing his eyes on the pizza in front of him. But before bad thought could even make way in his mind he was pulled in a side hug by Anthoine and Joris who told him 'finally'  all of his friends just being really happy for him. They got in to a chatter amongst themself questioning how they did or did not know but also telling him how proud they were of him and for trusting them. Then Charles spoke up again. 'And i actually have a boyfriend and i would really like for you guys to meet him tonight' he said smiling at the thought of hanging out with Max and his friends at the same time. 'So that means he is here?' Gizou chimmed in. 'Yes, he is' his friends were now looking between him and Pierre but before they could even open their mouths 'oooh god no!!' he laughed. 'Not here here, but he will be at the festival tonight' he explained. With that they fell into a playfull banter before they headed towards the festival.

Max was eating with his friends in a quite similar situation backstage at the festival. They chose to eat there since Martijn needed to be there for the whole set up and soundcheck. They were seated at an secluded area just for the artists. Just chatting and eating their pizzas when Max decided to speak up.'so guys im really happy we can all hang out together this weekend' he smiled at them. 'But the reason i all wanted you here is because... be-cause, i wanted to tell you guys something' Martijn winked at him before started talking again. 'Last year i found out im, im bi and im actually dating someone' he blurted out. Lando and Dave , who were seated on either side of him hugged him immediately. Both having spent their childhood with Max both fully aware how he could get caught up in his own thoughts that were in-printed in him from a young age. Both telling him that they were so happy for him and proud of him. While Tom whistled between his fingers and Martijn just smiled at him again. Oddly only Daniël had not said much but just smiled at him. It was genuine but he just expected a different reaction from his Australian friend. But as he was bombarded by questions from his friends he let it slide for now. They finished their dinner before they went to the Vip area.

It was now a couple hours later and the festival had started. Max was chatting with Martijn and Dave, Martijn had to go on stage in 20 minutes so Max hoped Charles and his friends would be their soon. He really wanted Martijn to be there to meet Charles and for his support in general.
Thats when he heard daniel shout. 'PIEEEERREEEEE GAAAAASSSLYYYYY'  as Charles friend-group entered one by one showing their VIP passes to the bouncer. The couple shared quick eye contact with eachother as the French speaking friend-group approached them.
'Hey mates!' Daniel said as he enveloped Charles and Pierre for a hug.  'Your just in time!' 'For what exactly? Pierre asked him. 'You know for the party and such' the Australian wiggled his eyebrows. Martijn elbowed Daniel at that's moment. 'What the hell daniel, shut up' as he looked sternly at him. 'I think you had enough for now' as he took the wodka from the Australians hand as he pulled him back a bit.
Both groups stood their with awkward silence looking at each other. That's when Max decided to speak up. Afraid if he didn't act now he would never.
He walked towards Charles, searching for a confirmation that he could do what he was about to. So when he got a nod he went to stand beside him and intertwined their fingers together. He squeezed his hand before he told their friends. 'So uhm, yeah we are together' he said as he smiled at his boyfriend.
'Jesus, fucking finally' Dave told them. sharing a knowing look with Lando and Antoine. 'You have no idea how annoying your pinning from afar has been for years, the tension on those kart tracks was bizarre! At that the whole group erupted in laughter. Joris wrapped his arms around the both of them. 'Congratulations guys, but why am i surprised that you guys are together and not surprised at all at the same time?' he laughed. They chatted some more And they went to sit. Of course Charles and Max sat next to each-other as they held hands. Only in that moment they heard someone clapping.