Please don't!

'I'm proud of you' Max smiled as he kissed his boyfriend's nose.
'You really think this is the best idea?' Charles mumbled unsure as he nuzzled himself in the crook of his neck.
'Sure? no, but I guess it is our best option to not have to go back further in the closet, or live or life in fear...'
'But what if it goes wrong?' He now looked up.
A deep sigh 'I guess then I- we just have to deal with the consequences... but non of that yet, One step at a time!' The dutchman said as he hugged him closer.
Charles smiled up slightly.

'Since when have you become so calm and collected?'
'Well, believe me I'm still furious as fuck.... But what is the alternative?' As he starred at the monegasque who just looked at him an shrugged not having the answer.
'Then I would have lost you....and that is so much worse' he sighed as Charles hugged him tightly.

'I'm still so sorry Max, I never wanted to hurt you like that, it makes me feel sick to my stomach!'
'I know lief, and it's okay you wanted to protect me!' He said as he stroked his hands through the brown locks.
'Yeah but if I would have told you before...' his eyes watery.
'Then that video might have been out already Charles' he said a little bit more sternly 'it's okay I mean it, you should stop beating yourself up about it!'
Charles just sighed as he cuddled him close again. 'I love you Max Verstappen' At that Max could only smile 'I love you too, Charles Leclerc'

——

Friday practice wasn't that eventful as the day went on Saturday and Charles was ready to get in the car for fp3 as he locked eyes with Mateo who smiled dirtily and winked. Charles just averted his eyes pretending to be busy with the car though he couldn't help but feel the knot in his stomach becoming bigger and bigger. A dark cloud looming over this day even though the sun was shining.

He did his runs and worked their practice session according to plan until he eventually returned to the pits. As he was taking of his helmet and balaclava Mateo approached him. 'How are you Charles?' Though he knew the Italian didn't mean a single word of it. 'Fine, it was a good practice run given the state of the car' he tried to keep in professional and work related trying not to attract the attention of the others.

'And with everything else?' A evil smirk once again painted his face.
Charles felt so uncomfortable 'do we have to talk about that here?
'Why Charlie?' He said mockingly'I'm just aski—' as he was cut of. 'Everything okay here?' Lucas asked as he interrupted their conversation.
'Yeah why wouldn't we be okay?' Mateo tried to charm with his best Italian charm. As Charles just silently nodded.

'Okay good! But Charles can you come with me? I've got some data I'd like to discuss before qualifying' he smiled at the monegasque. Who thanked heavens for Lucas right now. 'Yeah sure I'm coming!'
As he walked passed Mateo he was grabbed by his wrist. 'Like I said, not a word!' He hissed under his breath before he released him.

Qualifying went as expected, but not like they wanted being on Italian ground you don't want to qualify seventh and tenth, though he was already happy he was in front of his teammate at home ground. There was not much more to be expected out of the car. Also Max qualified first, and if his team couldn't he definitely wanted it to be Max. He wondered how he did it with was looming above their heads today. But Max under pressure was always special, he had already seen that as kids on the karting track. Back then not appreciating his strength.

He was glad he had Max by his side through this all, he used to be the strongest of them two, helping Max through his problems fears and panic attacks when he realized he was bi and in love with him, but right now he was glad he had his shoulder to lean on, those 5 months really had broken him down to his core. He doubted he would ever forgive himself for what he had done to Max. But he was glad Max just wanted to be with him. He only hoped that soon they could leave all this behind them.

As Charles got out of his car he walked to parc fermé to shake hands with the other drivers, as he went to Max he let his hands just linger a little longer as he looked in to the dutchman eyes, who looked back with his blue's at his in a silent encouragement.

Charles was making his way towards his motorhome to get changed after interviews when he got pulled back between the trucks a hand on his mouth as he got pushed back against it.
'What the hell was that frocio, did you think I wouldn't notice?' Charles was looking around in fear as his heart pounded in his chest. The way Mateo was holding him closed his airways, to close for comfort.
But he tried to speak up the man's firm grip still on him. 'What are you talking about?' He said his voice trembling and croaking the words out.

'Don't play stupid Leclerc, I saw what happend in Parc Fermé' he said angrily his face red like his workwear. 'I just shook a colleague's hand, I did the same with Valteri And Lewis!' He almost pleaded.
'You don't linger around them like you do wit HIM' Mateo spitted in his face.

'Honestly what more do you want from me Mateo? We-we broke up, I got you the job?! I can't help that I still have feelings for him?!' he said as his eyes got watery as Mateo took a step back and let him lose making Charles fall to the ground.
'You can't froccio , those kind of people don't work for Ferrari!' He said  as he took his phone out of his pocket.
Charles eyes widened in fear as he realized what Mateo was about to do. 'Please Mateo?! Please don't?! He cried out. 'It-it's not his fault!'

Mateo just sent a evil and angry glint from behind his phone. 'It is though! When you both decided to fuck around! You are disgusting and I hope Mattia and Horner sack you both after this is sent! Get some real man in the paddock so you can play with the girls! Since you seem to be like them, chasing after the boys. Maybe they do have two seats left in the W-series next year?!' The man spitted out.

'P-please Mateo?! Please don't do this?!' He was crying now and he couldn't care if anyone saw. Mateo's words had broken him and his actions even more.

As he walked away putting his phone back in his pocket he said.

'You shouldn't have lied to me Leclerc!'