We will be alright

Charles was slowly waking up, the white sheets tangled around him. As he felt a warm ray of sunlight on his face that was peeking through the curtains. It was a warm and pleasant feeling, as he snuggled his nose in to the fresh smelling linnen once more.

He was about the fall a sleep again when he heard a faint snore beside him. Still sleepdrunk he widened his eyes. Before he realized that he wasn't in the hotel in Italy anymore.

They had decided to not sleep in together that night as they were to afraid that Mateo might find out. But now for the first time in months he was slowly waking up next to the man he loved.

As he opens his eyes he couldn't help but let his eyes wander as he cuddled the blanket closer, oh how he missed this, how he missed him.

Max was laying on his back his mouth slightly agape. The faintest, softest snores escaping him as he layed with one hand on his chest and the other across the bed. He really was a sight to see.

Two days ago Charles had never imagined he would get to see this sight again. Afraid it would be a memory that was only left in his mind forever, a stamp in who he had become.

To be fair he still was terrified, ofcourse they had been sneaking around for years, but this was different, there was so much more at stake. Of course the possibility of being cought and outed had always been there. Though that was a risk they gladly took, but this, this was different. The things on that video were o so private and intimate. You never want to share something like that with the world.

Also the fear of just adding to the stereotype, and the fear of what the titles in the papers would say 'f1's title contender on his knees for rival, he might be on top on track but in the bedroom a bottom' god Charles was so done with these thoughts so he quickly shook his head, trying to let the happiness engulf him as he at least had the love of his life by his side.

Grateful that Max took him back without a second glance he decided he wanted to make the dutchman his favorite breakfast. As he had slipt in to his joggers he quietly made his way in to the kitchen, trying not to wake the dutchman up.

He was getting the things he needed as he felt something or rather someone pulling at his pants. 'Uncle sjawl?!' As he looked down he smiled, next to him was Matilda, she must have woken up early like him to. 'Hey Matilda, you slept well?' Charles asked as he mimicked with his hands what he said to her, trying to communicate with the German 5 year old. As she quickly nodded with a big smile on her face.

'Wanna help me?' He grinned at child. The girl once again replied with a quick nod and a big grin. They started to get the things they needed as Charles showed the girl what she could do and how to do it with the kitchen tools in hand.

As the they finished and put everything on a tray they both sighed contently and gave a high five. 'Thank you Mathilda!' As he smiled and put his thumbs up to her. 'Bitte sjawl!' (Your welcome sjawl!') and She smiled as they heard someone from across the room.

'Ah here you are Mathilda!' Sebastian said in German to his daughter as he smiled at his daughter and former team mate.
As the little girl hugged her dad as he took her on his hip he asked the monegasque . 'Slept well?' With a warm genuine smile. Charles smiled back 'the best I've slept in months' as he sighed. 'And thank you again for letting us stay here till the next race so we can figure everything out'

Charles has been grateful if the Germans proposal to let them stay in his home in Switzerland so they could figure everything out together. Find a way to deal with the situation at hand and to see if there were any legal actions they could take.without risking to be seen by Mateo.

'Charles?' He heard the German ask him.
'Sorry I just was thinking about everything' he said as he scratched his neck.
'It will be alright Charles' Sebastian said as he patted his back. 'But first you go enjoy breakfast with your man, enjoy being together a little, get fresh' he winked at him. 'While I take this little muppet for breakfast with her mum and siblings downtown'
Charles blushed a little 'Thanks again seb! It really means a lot!'
'Of course' he patted his back as he went out the door.

As Charles entered the room again he saw that Max was still sleeping. He putted the tray on the bedside table as hè crouched down next to the Dutchman and kissed his forehead. 'Maxy? Love? It's time to wake up' he whispered softly. Max groaned still half a sleep. God he looked adorable Charles thought. 'Maxy?'

'Charles?' The Dutchman asked surprised still with his eyes closed which he after slowly opened. 'Charles' he breathed out with a smile on his face as he realized it was really the monegasque sitting next to him, being close to him.

He reached out with his hand as he layed it down on Charles's cheek, moving his thumb over his lightly stubbled chin as Charles willingly lent in to the touch. 'God, I'm so happy I get to do this again' Max said as his smile only widened. 'Kiss me?' He then asked and of course Charles complied. Placing a sweet and delicate kiss on the Dutchman's lips. 'Gladly' he smiled against his lips.

Max soon opened his mouth to deepen the kiss, letting his tongue re-explore the monegasque's mouth. Who grinned a dimpled grin in reply. 'Maxy! Maxy! I made breakfast!' He said as he let himself be kissed.
'Mhhh I thought I was already having breakfast?!' Max laughed back.
'Mon Cheri, it will get cold' Charles pulled back a little as he popped a cherry in the Dutchman's mouth and gestured his hands towards the warm waffles on the beside table. 

'It is that you make the best waffles Charlie!' He smiled at he went to sit up to enjoy his breakfast. 'But I would like to have you as desert though' he winked at Charles who turned pink in reply as he went to sit on the other side of the bed.
'Seb, Hannah and the kids won't be home till noon, so we have some time'

'Good' Max smiled as he started to eat, after a couple of bites he stopped and grabbed Charles hand who looked up again.
'Thank you lieffie!' He smiled 'I love you' he said as he gave a kiss on his cheek before connecting their eyes again.
Charles smiled locking his eyes in. 'I love you too!'

After all the broken hearts i gave you guys lately I thought it's time for a little bit of fluff . Hope you liked it! ❤️