Confrontations

Max was walking through the paddock, as he came here to calm his mind. Racing always did that for him. The quite track and the faint smell of oil and gasoline calmed his senses.

As he was walking along the motorhomes towards the track he heard talking coming from somewhere between Redbull and. Ferrari, not expecting anybody to be here at this time he couldn't help but be curious as he slowly approached the sound.

As he was inching closer he could make out that there were two persons standing there. Though from were he was standing right know he couldn't make out their faces. One very tall and broad and a slender athletic figure next to him. His curiosity got the better of him so he hid behind the Pirelli tent.

As he squinted his eyes to see , he wished that he hadn't looked. Between the motorhomes he saw Charles and someone he recognised as a Ferrari mechanic standing very close. He still couldn't make out what they were saying but he saw that the other man layed a hand on Charles's cheek.

Max felt the tears burning in his eyes, was Charles seeing someone else? But why would he let him kiss him then?. He felt his vision going blurry and his heart beating out of his chest as he heard someone else approaching underneath the dimly lit outdoor light.

After everything that happend tonight, and after what he just found out he didn't want to see or talk to anyone so he was quick to run away. Feeling his phone still vibrating in his pocket as he knew Martijn was looking for him.
Leaving the the voices behind him on his way.

—-

'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!'

Pierre spoke up as Mateo immediately let go of Charles. 'NOT A WORD!' The Italian hissed under his breath as Pierre approached them.
'LEAVE HIM THE FUCK ALONE!' Pierre growled.
Mateo held up his hands in the air like he was innocence itself before he walked off.

As he was out of sight Pierre quickly hugged his friend. 'Shhh Charlie, it will be okay' as he stroked his hand through the younger man's hair a he was shivering underneath him, clenching on to the shirt Pierre was wearing . 'P-Pierre , I just don't know what to do anymore...' he sobbed against his friend's chest.

'Can you tell me what happened?' He then asked.
Charles just nodded. 'But not here'
'That's alright I know where we can go, he isn't allowed in. As he pulled the monegasque along to the nearby Redbull/alpha Tauri hospitality..

As they entered the empty hospitality he seated Charles down on one of the couches as he got a water bottle from the fridge and handed it at the monegasque. Charles in his efforts to light the mood he joked through his own panic and tears. 'I thought they only served Redbull in here?'
Pierre ruffled his hair at that and smiled at him sympathetically. 'I don't think our trainers would be happy about that' he said as he went to sit down next to the younger driver.

'But what happened?'

'Well at the party Max came to me, he apologised for Austria and then left for the balcony, I-I just wanted to make things right so I followed him, and we talked and Pierre it felt so good to be close to him again. So good that I-I forgot for a moment- I forgot about Mateo. And we kissed, but then I remembered and well- I tried to tell him, but I couldn't, I can't risk everything he worked so hard for pear...so then I left... but even before I was out of the room I got a text from Mateo, and is was so terrified he would have seen us, and what would have happend...' he said all in one breathe as he slowly started shaking ' and when I came here to think and have some time alone he ambushed me and pulled me in to the alley, he-he treathend me again,  and questioned me about tonight, and and I told him nothing happened and we were there with all of us...' tears were now rolling again of his face. 'B-but he threatened again to leak the Video and Pierre I -I can't let- let that happen to Max.' He was now full on crying again. The whole adrenaline and stress of the night catching up with him.