Videocall

'How late will you be back tonight?'
'I guess around 19.00'
'So we still eat together?'
'Yeah sounds good!'
'What are your plans for today?'
'Gotta do some sim work for the factory and then have a call with the Mediateam to see how we can make some content from home'
'Okay good luck mon Chou, see you tonight!'
'See you tonight schatje!' They said as they kissed goodbye before Charles made his way out the door for his appointment.

Max finished his breakfast before he got his water bottle and set up his sim and a video call with the factory in Milton Keynes.
He raced at various tracks that were to be expected in the hopefully soon announced shortens season. But Redbull definitely wanted to be ready if it would kick off.
So he raced a big amount of the European tracks finishing with the Redbull ring before he got some late lunch for himself, it being far past three already. He would race Spain after that and afterwards he would have a call with his media team. So as he finished his lunch he made his way back to the sim just before they agreed to get online again. He quickly texted Charles 'can't wait till your home tonight, ik hou van je!' Before he went on with his workday.

Because a problem with the connection to bring his sim data over to the factory the planned schedule couldn't be completely followed so they went 40 minutes over time, meaning that his meetings also started later.

He just finished the meeting with the media team. They didn't manage to shorten their meeting so Max typed out a message on his phone to Charles saying that he would be done a little bit later. Still having a meeting with Christian, Helmut , GP, Brad and some other people from his team. And that he would be done when he would come out of his sim room. He quickly pressed send as he stuffed his phone in his pocket again.

———————————————————————————

'Well that's awesome, happy that the FOM was able to put together this alternative calendar I can't wait to go racing!' The Dutchman exclaimed happily on the news his team boss had just told them. Also that they actually did preparations for the right track, this was definitely going to be exciting but also weird there being no spectators at the track.

They then talked about some sponsor stuff that they had to take care of before the conversation shifted to how life was going and how everybody was holding up in this time.
His manager Raymond was just telling them about something funny his dog had done, when Max felt two arms wrapped around his neck. As he turned he kissed the Man that was greeting him before he quickly realized he was still in his video meeting. His eyes widening in realization. As he heard someone clear their throat. He muttered 'Shit' before he quickly ended the video call.

Charles looked at his boyfriend questioning before he realized what had happened. 'SHIT, SHIT, FUCK, MERDE!'.
'Why did you come in Charlie?' Max asked panicked.
'Cause you would be done by now?!  you said this morning i thought you were racing on the sim!' He said frantically.
'But I texted you!'
'No you didn't!'
'Yes I did!'
'Max you did not text me!'
'Yes I did, let me show you!' He said as he picked his phone out of his pocket to show the Monegasque his text.
'See!'
'Max, It did not send?!'
'What do you mean it did not send?'
'There is a red exclamation mark behind it see!' He said as he tuned he boyfriend's phone back to him. As Max eyes widened once more.
'FUCK, Verdomme!' As he looked up to Charles again.
'But what do we do now?!'
'I don't know?' He said as they starred at each other.

At that moment Max got a text from Christian: 'We call in ten.'

'Fuck Charlie, that's Christian, he wants to call me in ten...' he said worried.
'What, what are you gonna tell him?' He asked unsure fidgeting with the hem of his t-shirt.
'I-I don't know? Maybe hear him out? To know what he saw?' He questioned aloud.
'He obviously saw us kissing Max' Charles said as he rolled his eyes.
'Maybe they just saw me kissing someone?' He tried.
'And then, what are you gonna say?'
'Wel I don't know... I don't think lying is going to work at this point?' He said as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand and looked up at him. 'At least not about myself?'
Charles expression softens at that. 'You would not tell them about me?'
'No I wouldn't, at least not if you don't want to' Max said as he squeezed his boyfriends hand.
Charles brushed his thumb over Max's knuckles as a small smile appeared on his face.
'You would protect me?' He asked as he looked up again.
'Of course Charlie, always , I love you!' He smiled reassuringly.
'I love you to Maxy' he said as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend again.

Max sighed in to the hug as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend to.
'I'm scarred Charlie' he said as he nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck.
'I know , I'm too' he sighed as he placed a kiss on top of his boyfriend's blonde locks.
'Will you stay in the room with me?' Max asked now looking up eyes big and pleading. 'You know for when Christian gives me the boot right right there and then' he said half jokingly though it was something he was scared of.
'Hey, they are not going to sack you Max!' Charles said sternly as he held Max's face between his palms. 'Your their golden boy!' He added.
'Isn't that supposed to be your German team mate?you know that 4 time world champion' Max tried joking again.
'Well he was their past and you are their future so' he now smirked a little to.

'Thank you Charlie' Max said sincerely as he looked towards the clock on his screen. 9 minutes had passed by now.
'I guess I will just call him, get this over with' pressing the buttons on his phone as he got a reassuring nod from Charles.

Letting out one more deep sigh before he pressed the green call button.

'RING, RING, RING' it went over three times before it got picked up.

'Hello Max, this is Christian'