17.

New York

2 days later

Bucky

I was back in New York After Walker killed one of the members of the flag smashers in front of the world. The government took over so there was nothing Sam and I had left to do until then we had to lay low and go back to life as usual. I crossed Zemo off my list and sent him with Ayo and the Dora Milaje and told Yori the truth about killing his son and now I was getting ready to go down to Louisiana to drop a new suit I had made for Sam off in Louisiana later on this week. In a way we already knew we weren't going to hear back from Y/N due to her losing yet another person in her life so Sam just texted her we were both okay and extended an offer to stay a couple of days in Louisiana but like usual he didn't hear anything back.

It was around 7 and the sun was setting as I was walking back to my apartment. I seen Y/N walking out of a florist with a vase full of roses in her hands as I called her name out. "Y/N" I said as she turned around with her phone to her ear. She smiled as I smiled back. "Yeah hold on" she said to whoever she was on the phone with before hanging up. "Every time I see you, you're on your phone" I brought up as we shared a smile. "Well I'm a very busy woman" She admitted as I smiled to myself and looked her up and down. "That you are" I agreed as she smiled some before looking down.

"I thought you were from queens what you doing out here?" I asked. "My mothers hospice center is here plus this florist always has the best roses!" She expressed before looking at them smiling. "You're into roses?" I asked with a smile. "These are for my mother but Yeah what woman isn't?" She asked. "According to my date I had, They're old fashion" I brought up as Y/N waved me off. "A man can fill my house with flowers and It'll make me happy" she admitted while looking over the roses. "Sometimes little things like that is the best thing. it'll make a woman happy and feel appreciated" She started off then shrugged. "But I guess to each it's own" She simply said as I faintly smiled.

"Where's the place I'll walk you there" I suggested "oh no

"Where's the place I'll walk you there" I suggested "oh no. You already went through so much for the past days, you should probably get some rest " she said. "No it's fine" I assured taking the vase of roses from her. "Oh" She said "you don't have to hold it, I had it" Y/N brought up. "I got it trust me" I assured as she readjusted her purse on her shoulder. "Well the building Is a couple of blocks down" she said. "Okay" I agreed
As we started walking.

"How long are you staying out here?" I asked. "Til the day after tomorrow because I then have to be in Washington at the trial for John" she informed as I nodded. "A busy woman" I reminded as she agreed "a busy woman" she repeated nodding her head. "What's going on with you now that you're back?" She asked. "I don't know. New York is home but I'm ready for something different" I admitted. "It sounds like you're starting to heal" she said then looked over at me as I chuckled.