44.

Y/N

After cooling off some from Bucky and I's conversation from about thirty minutes ago I realized there was a voicemail left on my phone. I opened it seeing it was from Bucky and although I was kind of irritated by him right now I still wanted him by my side especially right now. And I hated to say it because I try to give him his space but I actually enjoyed being under him a lot because I just felt safe and free with him almost the same way I felt with Steve.

I finally pressed play on his voice mail message listening to it.
"Y/N please call me back I didn't mean to react the way that I did earlier it's just that" He started off then sighed as I continued to listen. "I've never been through this ever before and I have no idea how to be a parent. But I'm happy about it and willing to learn because this is something I've wanted especially with you" he expressed as I faintly smiled. "I love you so much and would do anything for you and our baby so please just call me back" He pleaded before it ended and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I honestly felt bad about how I reacted earlier because he really doesn't know how to be because he's never experienced this. He really just started experiencing the world and how to maneuver in it and now I'm pregnant adding more stress. I picked up my phone about to call him back but there was a ring at my doorbell. I sat my phone on the island before walking out of the kitchen and going to open the door.

I opened the door as Jessica stood there kind of a bit down. "I was just coming back from earlier" She reminded. "Yeah come in" I assured letting her in as she stepped in. "I brought some drinks and snacks" Jessica brought up as I smiled some. "I can eat the snacks but I don't know about the drinks" I said as she giggled some. "You have to let loose sometimes" Jessica admitted as I agreed. "Yeah but while you're pregnant I don't think that's a good idea" I said about to sit down but she gasped loudly.

"What?" I questioned looking back at her "are you pregnant?!" She asked excitedly bouncing towards me as I looked at her weird then laughed. "Yeah" I admitted. "OMG" she dragged out trying to touch my stomach. "It's literally just an embryo" I said through a small laugh. "That's so adorable you're giving Bucky his first baby" she said as I smiled some "and it's your first baby too" she added as I faintly smiled. "It's my second" I admitted as Jessica looked at me funny. "Wait" she started off.

"Did you have a miscarriage with Steve or where is the child?" She asked. "It wasn't a miscarriage and autumn she lives on in my dreams" I admitted with a small smile not tying to go deeper into it just know I dream about her every night which lets me know she's somewhere out there.

She looked at me weird as I smiled "but yeah that's what's going on" I said finally sitting on the couch as she followed. "You should be excited" she said excitedly "I am I'm just tired I've been tired for a couple of days now" I admitted which I've been extremely tired for the last couple of days but I was wondering was this what Bucky really wanted because if it wasn't and he wasn't ready we had to make a mutual decision on what was best for us.

"You need to get some sleep" she started off "No I'm fine" I said waving her off. "Tell me what's going on with you" I said as Jessica sat back on the couch beginning to talk. "Nothing I just feel like I pick shitty men" she admitted as I nodded. "We all had our fare share of shitty men" I tried to console. "Yeah but it's like I looked at you and Steve or even you and Bucky and you had a chance at love twice you're so lucky" she brought up.

"Yeah but I went through hell with Jason to get to Steve and I went through hell missing Steve to get to Bucky I've been through some shit too Jess. But you also have to be willing to pick and choose what guy you want yourself dealing with no one has that power besides you" I explained.

"Jason I remember Jason" she brought up as I laughed some "yeah you dodged a bullet with that one" I honestly said. "Yeah" Jessica said looking at me. "Sorry about everything that has happened in the past, I was stupid and uneducated on a lot of things" she apologized as I smiled some. "It's okay" I assured causing he to smile.