Chapter 4 : First Date

Today's chapter is dedicated to KP_2909 .Keep supporting. ❣️
*****
"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏."
~~~

PREETI'S POV ~

Finally it's Thursday. Today Akhil is going to take me on a date. Usually on Thursdays there's not much work in the office.

Right now I'm sitting at the dinning table with my parents and having breakfast.

"So you are going out tonight with Akhil?" Papa asked. I know he's still not sure about sending me on a date. He's always been protective about me. I clearly sensed the doubt in his voice.

"Yes Papa. We want to know each other well before getting married. So we want to meet often. "

"You guys can meet in the morning as well. "

"Mornings are for office work papa. " I said sipping my coffee.

"Sunday morning? "

"They are for sleep Papa."

"Does he even know what you'll like? Where is he taking you by the way? Is it far from the house? What time are you going? And what time will you be back? "

"Ishwar Ji please stop asking so many questions. You should be happy that our daughter is going out with Akhil. It's her decision to go and she has the right to decide, and about all your questions I'll answer you. Let her go to the office. " Preeti's mother responded him.

Papa didn't look pleased. I know until the date is over and I'm back home he'll keep thinking about it.

"Don't worry papa. First of all I'll come back home early from office and we'll leave at around 7:00 pm . We won't come back home late and about the place I don't know where we'll be going. I'm not going by myself. Akhil will pick and drop me. I know you're concerned about me but I think you can trust Akhil. Hai na Papa. Even you like him then why worrying so much. "
I gave him a tight hug. This is how he is. Even though he likes Akhil, he'll be extra protective, as after that day Papa has become a little more cautious about me and Vivaan.

I leave for the office with thoughts about the date captured my mind.

---

It's around 6:45 pm. Akhil will pick me at 7:00 pm. I'm ready for the date, all thanks to Riki.

"Someone's looking hot. I'm sure Akhil's gonna have a nice staring session." She said winking at me.

Her words made me blush. Imagine Akhil The Khadoos Agnhiotri (that's what people think he is), staring at me.

Wait did I just blush! What the hell's wrong with you PR?

"Oooo... Blushing huhh? "

"I-I'm not blushing . I don't blush and all. Get your eyesight checked. "

"Ohh really? "

Just then I heard the doorbell. He's here. Why I'm feeling nervous?

No girl!
You can do this come on.

Huh? I'm not on a battle. It's just a date.

Well that's how you are reacting.

"Done fighting with your subconscious? Let's go now" I was brought out of my thoughts by Riki.

Before heading out I last time checked myself in the mirror.

Hmmm.. Not bad.

I wore this beautiful dress Riki had gifted me last birthday and a white handbag that I borrowed from Riki. I didn't do heavy makeup. Kept it natural. My hairs are all Riki's work.