Chapter 30 : Rain, me and you!

"𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖."
~~~

Third Person's POV~

"Here?"
Preeti quizzed as the car halted near a park. Akhil's favorite park. The park he lived his childhood in.

"Hmm... As far as I know you, your mood might have lightened up, but you're still not okay, and I can't see you like this." Akhil spoke looking at her with a soft expression.

"This place used to be my happy world. I used to find peace here. I thought you'll also feel better if I brought you here. Moreover the rain..."

"....feels so romantic right." she completed him. He just gave her a slight smile and turned on the radio.
Preeti pulled down the window and let in the tiny droplets of rain.

As they prod her face she closed her eyes in anticipation. Getting her hand out of the window she swayed it giggling like a kid.Where as Akhil admiringly looked sideways at his lady and her act of play with the droplets.
But his trance was disturbed by platter of few drops on him which came from none other than his wife.
He looked at her amused and the way she let out a laugh after her small mischief.

Her way of enjoying the small elements of life and embracing them in her life was a quality of hers he appreciated the most. She could be a total kid sometimes and grown up adult in the next moment.

She was mature yet childish, considerate yet careless. The way she was trying to enjoy the rain even though she was stressed about something made his lips curl into a smile.

"You love rains. Don't you?" he finally asked after starting at her for a while.
"Who doesn't?" she replied softly still busy with the rains.

The next moment she heard the other side door opening and shutting and Akhil stepped down the car. He walked towards her side and resting his hands over window panel asked
"Then why not enjoy them the way they should be!"

He leaned in and unfastened her seatbelt. Opening the door he forwarded his hand towards her.
"You sure?" she inquired.
He smiled and she merrily accepted his hand.

Coming out she walked ahead and opened her arms to embrace the rain. They plitter plattered on her drenching her completely. They were working as an antidote to her toxicated mood.

Meanwhile the radio jockey switched to one of Preeti's current favorite and Akhil was quick to wrap his fingers around her wrist and pull her to himself making Preeti wrap her arm across his neck.

Holding her gently by her waist he let the music reach her ears.
Slowly their bodies moved to the rhythm.
[Please don't skip the song. There are scenes in between and it gives the overall vibes of their moment.
Video in the media section above.]

Teri aawargi...
Ban jaun mein
Tujhe dil ki jubaan...
Samjhaun mein

[I could wander the world with you
And teach you the language of love]

Tu chhaon hai so jaun mein
Tu dhoond hai kho jaun mein

[In your shade, I could sleep
In your mist, I could lose myself]