Chapter 20 : You are my priority!

"𝑺𝒆𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒎𝒆"
~~~

Akhil's POV ~

After the reunion party which ended around 10:30 pm we took a leave. I did feel good catching up with old friends but I was distracted too.
Why?
There were practically two reasons.

One, a lot of old memories about my school days, bad ones, were eating me inside. A few faces I never wished to see were present at the party.
Faces who made my school days horrible!!

But my second reason of distraction elighted my mood.
Preeti!
I don't know but everything about her seems extra today.

During the party I noticed every action of hers, as if it all played in slow motion. I was smiling like a fool while observing her.

Have I gone insane?

I didn't feel to go back home. So I decided to go somewhere else.

"Akhil are we going somewhere?" she asked noticing the direction I drove in.

"Yeah... The party didn't do good to my brain." I said gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"Are you fine?" she asked concerned.

Nope I'm not. But as far as I want to tell you right now it's better I don't.

"Sort of. Just need some fresh air."

Shortly after we reached our destination. It was a park which had barns around it's boudries. This is a place I used to come often in the past basically my childhood but eventually stopped coming here.

I wish few things never happened in my life!!

I sighed heavily and got down from the car and gestured Preeti to come out.
"Here at this hour?" she asked glancing around.

"Uhh...we can leave if-if you have a problem."

"It's OK. If you wanted to come here I don't have a problem." she tugged my arm and we both moved inside the park.

The breeze was cold and pleasant. I took a deep breath inhaling the freshness of the place.
I was in a desperate need of it.

"I don't know why, but I have a feeling that you're not fine Akhil. But if you don't want to talk about it let's not."

Does she understands me so well?

"I'm fine Preeti. It's just... I'm little disturbed."

She didn't speak anything further. May be she understood I was in no mood to talk about it.

I put my hand over her shoulder and we started walking around in the park.

As we roamed I heard my little self laughing and chirping joyfully.
My own childhood voice echoed in my head.

My footsteps halted in front of a huge tree. It still had a tyre swing to it. I used to love playing on it.

Preeti poked my arm and I looked at her. She eyed towards tree as if asking 'what are you looking at?'

"This tree was my most favorite place in the park. I used to spend ninty percent of my time in the park under this tree."

My hand automatically touched the tree trunk. It had few carvings on it and it had grown much older. For a moment I was lost remembering my childhood.

I felt Preeti's hands around my torso. She hugged me from behind and rested her head on by back.

Pure bliss!!
Couldn't have asked for more right now.