Chapter 18 : Emergency

"𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰'𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚. 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕."
~~~

"Hello Preeu... " cried out a panicked Sushma Rai from the other side of the call.

"Maa.... A-are you okay? Why do you sound so worried?" Preeti questioned freezing her work for a moment.

"Pree your......."
Preeti froze on what she heard next. No words came from her mouth. One thing that constantly ran in her mind was to reach there as soon as possible.

-

"Where's Vivaan? I told him not to be late even a single minute today!!! " Akhil lashed angrily. There was a client meeting today and the first time Vivaan was going to be a part of one.

"S-Sir I tried t-to call him but he didn't receive it." One of the team members spoke with nervousness.

Akhil rubbed his forehead with his fingers. "Try once again now!!" More than angry he was worried. This was the first time he's getting such an opportunity and he's late. The seniors might not be impressed by this behavior.

'The number you've dialled is currently switched off' was heard.

Akhil was pissed.
'Where the hell are you?'

"Sir if you don't mind can I be a replacement for him?" Asked one of the team members. This is what Akhil feared.
If Vivaan doesn't comes right now he's opportunity would be snatched by someone undeserving.

"Let's wait for 10 minutes. If he doesn't comes after that I'll be left with no option but to..." Akhil's words were cut by his phone call ring.

"Mr. Agnhiotri today's meeting with the new clients has been postponed due to unavoidable conditions from the client's side." said Mr. Chaturti, PA of his boss.

"Fine Mr. Chaturti." Akhil sighed, mainly cz Vivaan still can do the meeting.

"The meeting has been postponed. You all should get back to your work." Akhil declared to his team.

"But sir Mr. Rai has shown a very unprofessional behavior today. Though the meeting has been postponed his today's behavior might have caused us problems. I suggest you to again think whether you should replace him." The employee spoke again.

"Mr.Varsi it's not me but the Boss who chose Vivaan for this project. And as far as a replacement is consered I'm sure Vivaan would try his best to prove himself better than the other. Leave it to me. I'm capable of handling these decisions. You may go now."

Akhil was well aware of these tricks by the employees. Though he was upset with Vivaan for not showing up on time he knew, he's not unprofessional or careless.

That's when his phone rang.
"Akhil..... " Akhil stood up from his seat after hearing Preeti. He immediately made his way to the parking and drove to the hospital.

-

"Maa Viv.... W-What happened? Why suddenly? How's he? What did the doctor say?" Preeti shooted questions at her mother and brother who stood outside the emergency room.

Sushma's eyes were severely red due to excessive crying and Vivaan had fear on his face. 'Fear of losing his father'.

"He was alright till yesterday morning Di. I don't know exactly what went wrong. Today morning when I was about to leave for the office he collapsed holding his chest. We immediately rushed him here Di....I-I don't know how-how this... "