Chapter 38 : Just be fine!

" 𝑻𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓...."

~~~

Third Person POV~

"The owner of this phone has met with a severe accident. We are taking her to the nearest hospital, Sanjeevan Hospital. This is the last number she called on. Please inform her family as soon as possible!" a man spoke hurriedly.

Akhil couldn't believe what he heard. His fear of leaving her alone, not letting her go was not just any misconception but his instincts warning him.
The news was like an arrow piercing through his heart.

"Pree... " the word came out barely as a whisper. He suddenly went numb as he didn't knew what to react.
"Hello..." came the man's voice from the other side alerting him back.

"How's her condition?" he asked as he sprinted out of his cabin and looked 180 degrees searching for Vivaan.

"The accident was severe sir. She's loosing a lot of blood. Please reach soon."

"I-I'll reach there as soon as possible!! Please please please take care of her! Please!!" he said and disconnected the call. His panic raised as he tried to imagine her condition.
A human can bear every pain but the feeling of seeing your loved ones suffer crushes one's heart. That's what condition Akhil was in right now. But he knew he had to stay composed.
For Vivaan, for their families and even for her.

Not finding Vivaan in his desk he called him making way towards the parking. He didn't pick up the call for the second time and Akhil was on the verge of bursting out on him.
He walked towards the cafeteria and noticed Vivaan near the order counter.

"We need to go!" Akhil said holding his hand and not looking at him.
"Is everything alright sir?" Vivaan enquired not understanding his sudden action.
"We need to go! Now!!" Akhil spoke the later part looking at him revealing his moist eyes which he was trying to hide.

"Wh-what happened?" Vivaan asked slowly.
Giving out a huge sigh he made him walk out with him towards his car. As they reached his car they stopped and Akhil spoke. "Preeti has met a severe accident. She's been taken to the hospital. We need to reach their as soon as possible."

"What? How? When? Why??" Vivaan exclaimed as his eyes welled up with tears.
"We'll know everything once we reach the hospital." Akhil told him and they both sat inside. Before igniting the engine Vivaan looked at Akhil. "How is she?"

"I don't know. I-I hope she'll be fine!" he ignited the engine speaking. He himself was not completely informed and the only thought running in his mind was to see her as soon as possible.
Just one glimpse of her. Just once his eyes see for themselves that she's alright and he'll be satisfied.

Just be fine!

He internally prayed. It hadn't been five minutes they started and Akhil heard light sobs from beside.
He glanced at Vivaan and noticed him trying to hold his tears. Trying not to break.
His state saddened Akhil. The only time he had seen Vivaan cry was during their wedding and today he was trying his best to stay strong when all he wanted to do was to cry. But Vivaan was a person who shared his feelings only with his sister and wouldn't even whine in front of others.

Preeti was his greatest pillar of strength. She's been his sister, his brother, his pal, his mentor, his counselor. Her role was one of the most important in his life.

Akhil caressed Vivaan's head with his free hand his eyes still intact on the road.
"I won't loose my Di also hai na?" Vivaan questioned and Akhil could sense the vulnerability in his voice. His question gave a Akhil a weird feeling in his heart.