Chapter 9 : I Promise!!

"𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕, 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆."
~~~

The past two months passed in a jiffy. Wedding preparations, invitations, shopping, work, meeting, Akhil and Preeti were occupied with everything.
In all this they both still managed to give time to each other.

Either meeting for a quick lunch, Akhil dropping Preeti home sometimes or a weekend day with each other, they both didn't miss out on giving their relationship time to nurture.

It's a Saturday. After two days their wedding rituals will begin. Mehendi, sangeet, haldi all were to be held at the Ahuja Mansion.

Today is a special day for Preeti and Akhil. It's the last date they'll be having before they tie the knot. It was Akhil's request to have a full day date as the next time they meet, would be for the pre wedding rituals.

~Flashback~

Akhil and Preeti were on a phone call.
"How about a full day date this Saturday? " Akhil asked in between the conversation.

"Akhil there's so much of preparation going on. It's our wedding in a week. Do you think it would be OK to have a date just two days before the rituals begin. "

"Of course! What's the big deal. It's a request Preeti. Actually I-I want to spend some personal time with you before our wedding. In between all these rituals and events we won't be able to do that. Please Preeti! " Akhil requested.

"OK. Fine. But I have one condition." she agreed. She had to. This was the first time Akhil was requesting something to her and she didn't want to disappoint him.

"What condition?" Akhil asked.

"I'll be the one planning for this date. It's always you who do something special. I want to do it this time. "

"But.... "

"No buts Akhil. Either I'll arrange or else it's not happening." Preeti announced.

"OK OK. You plan this time. "

~Flashback Ends~

---

*DingDong*
Someone ringed at Akhil's door. Groggily wali up he opened the door only to see an all beautiful and widely smiling Preeti at his door.

"Preeti?" He asked shockingly.

"Looks like you forgot it's Saturday."

"No no I didn't. Actually I wasn't expecting you at 8:00 in the morning. Come in." He called her inside rubbing his eyes.

"Fresh flowers for a fresh morning " she said handing him a bunch of fresh daisies.

"Uhh-Huh thanks. All prepared Huh? " He said taking the flowers.

"Hmm... Go get ready. We have a long day ahead." Preeti said settling on the sofa.

"Haan bas 20 minat mein aya." Saying he went into his room.
[OK, I'll come in just 20 minutes]

Coming out from the shower dressed in a jeans and shirt and wet hair he looked eye catching.

He noticed Preeti setting up the dinning table with plates and taking out two tiffin boxes from her bag.