Chapter 33 : Her Saviour!

"𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖."
~~~

Third Person's POV~

Picking up her bag Preeti walked out of the room. She had a frown on her face which she kept deliberately.
Yes she was in a mood to annoy her ever loving husband who was busy wearing his office boots.

"Done?" Akhil asked getting up from the couch. Preeti not answering according to her plan just hummed.

Considering it to be casual Akhil ignored that she didn't kiss his cheeks like everyday. It was a morning ritual that before leaving the house she pecked his cheeks and he would kiss her forehead. The hug had always been an unsaid rule to keep the mornings delightful.

"Pree it's been many days we haven't had lunch outside together. Should we today?" Akhil asked breaking the ten minutes long silence between them.

"No I have work." Preeti bluntly responded. She was trying to piss him as a revenge of their banter.

"Umm....How about a candle light dinner tonight?"

"I'll be late."

"Coffee."

"I have a meeting in the evening."

Her blunt answers weren't setting well with him. The reason of asking out was because it was a special day and as usual there was a chance she doesn't remember it.

"Pree are you upset with me? Finally he asked the question she had been waiting for.

"Yes!" She immediately replied taking him by surprise. He thought it would be a special day for them but his wife was upset on him.

"May I ask why?"

"Because you pissed me off!"

"When?"

"That day. How dare you say that I silence you or you have to go through a torture with me!! Moreover you're saying these to a five year old!"

"Uh-huh. Sui abhi bhi wahi atki hai? Pree I was just joking baba. I wasn't serious."
[Needle is still stuck there?]

"But I am Mr Agnhiotri and I'm not joking!"

"Acha I'm sorry Jaan. Let's leave it na. Now just tell me one thing do you know what date it is today?"

"No I don't! I'm very busy today so I might be late home. But you better go home on time Mr Agnhiotri!"
As she said they had reached her office. Before she could get down Akhil held her hand firmly and placed a kiss on it.

"Jaan please I was just teasing you. Know don't be upset with me. I'm your baby hai na?

"Yes you are. A very annoying baby!! Bye."
She closesd the door with a slight bang giving him a tight lipped smile.

"Great way to start the day! He groaned and started off towards his office.

'Duffer! He thinks I forgot today's date. How could I? I'm sure he'll be suprised to know that I remember!!'
Preeti thought as she walked inside the building.