Chapter 35 : She's my painkiller!!

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆."

~~~

Akhil's POV~

"Good morning husband!" I heard my wife on the other end of the video call. I was setting my hair when she called so I had kept my phone on the dressing table of my room.

"Good morning Wifey! You're already at the office? It's not even 8:30 Pree?"

"I know it's too early, but we have to leave for a client's office. So I had to reach office earlier than usual. Anyways did you have your coffee? "

"Umm-hmm.... After getting ready I'll move down to the cafe and have my breakfast and coffee together. You?"

"Uhh actually I was in hurry in the morning so I just had some coffee."

"But.... " I took the phone in my hand finally revealing myself. She looked at me for a moment and when I was about to speak she cut me.

"Wait! Is that a black shirt?" she exclaimed.

"Yeah! Why?"

"Change it!!" she ordered sternly.

"Why?" I asked in a confused tone. What's wrong with the shirt?

"If I'm asking you to do something then do it na Akhil! Just change it please!!"

"Pree but I'm all ready now. I can't.... "

"You changing or should I cut the call!" she threatened narrowing her eyes and pointing her forefinger at me.

"Okay okay Sherni. Par kyu wo to batao?" I questioned and her eyes roamed here and there.
[But why tell me that?]
"Uh... Cz.... cz it's not a good day to wear black. You-you can't wear black for the next few days!"

"Uh-huh! Is that so Mrs. Agnhiotri! So should I change it right now?" I asked her in a teasing tone as my free hand reached the first button of the shirt.
"Yes!! Change it!....But-but you can change by keeping your phone aside"

"But why do you want me to change?"
I

asked still confused with her demand.

"Cz you look daper in black and I don't want women to oggle at you in my absence!" she said in one breath and huffed at the end.

Aww my cute wife!

"Ohh... So that's the matter! Hmm then I must obey my wife. Let me change. Okay!" I proceeded and unbuttoned the first button.

"Umm Uhh I-I'll hang the call. Y-you can change later then."

"Why Mrs. Agnhiotri? Weren't you desperate to see me change? Shouldn't I complete your wish. Huh?"

"I-I didn't mean it that way. Y-you...." before she could complete I heard someone calling her out and all my mood was drained.
It was almost three days after I landed here we were seeing each other as most of the time we either have a phone call or converce on chat.
I didn't at all want her to leave right now but as much she compromises for my work I can do the same for her.