Epilogue

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚.
𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏."

~~~

2.5 years later

Preetis POV~

I turned around on the bed and found the other side completely empty but his warmth was still present there.
I caressed his side of the bed when my eyes led on the tiny teddy bear near his pillow.
I picked it up and held it near my heart.

Ever since my accident two and a half years back, I had seen a gradual change in Akhil's behavior. Throughout the initial months of our marriage I had seen him changing from a shy, behavior conscious person to a more open and lively man.
But after my accident he had become more and more verbal about his feelings. Not even a single day has passed when he's not thanked me for my presence in his life.
In some or the other way he never fails to show me how important I'm to him and how much of a big part of his life I am.

I turn around when my eyes land on our photo on my bed stand.
During these 2.5 years we went through many ups and downs, personally as well as professionally. Akhil lost his job three months after my accident. There company went bankrupt as the owner was said to be involved in some scandal and the investors backed out.

That period I realized how mentally and emotionally strong my man was.
That proved to be turning point. The next months he was at home he developed a business plan. Taking Vivaan and Riya with him he started an app development company. And today it's doing pretty well. Well enough to have completed 12 success projects.

He's spent many sleepless nights in the initial days, working his ass off. I always took pride in being such a hardworking and passionate person's wife.

My eyes land on the other photo frame kept beside our couple photo.
Akhil stood behind me and I was sitting on a chair. Sitting with someone who is the most integral part of my and Akhil's life.

Right after our second anniversary we found out that we were expecting. Expecting our bundle of joy. Our daughter, Akreeti!
I was already a month pregnant when I received the reports. Next day we had surprised everyone with the news of our pregnancy except Swati Bhabhi cuz she was the one who had examined me.

But to our surprise even Vansh and Meera were expecting a baby and she was a week pregnant.

All of the families were overjoyed.
Life after that has been a completely new chapter. Pregnancy was definitely not an easy ride. But as always I had my support system with me. He held my hand throughout this journey and did actually live it along with me. Sleepless nights, cravings, mood swings, morning sickness he's been with me every time though he needed to give his new born company his time as well.

Whenever everyone used to debate that would be the gender of our child his fatherly instincts somehow always told him it would be a daughter.
He wasn't biased and wished for a healthy child but you know!

Six months back we were blessed with Akreeti. Ever since then I've seen a completely new Akhil.
He was always mature, sometimes Khadoos and sometimes adorable. But with Akreeti he's always the doting, caring and pampering father.
Not even for a moment when he's at home he stays away from her.

I still remember his words when he had first held her in his hands.
"I'll protect her with all strength in me and love her with every nerve. She's the most precious gift universe has given and I'll treat her like one."