Chapter 34 : I don't need to worry!

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆."

~~~

Preeti's POV ~

These three days went away like three minutes. I tried my best not to weep even once in front of him. He was in the shower and I was making breakfast for him.
Though he didn't want me to do all this early morning, I knew he was going to miss home cooked food. So before he leaves I want him to have breakfast at home.
I was accompanying him to the airport as I was the one dropping him.

"I'm going to miss your and Maa's food." He said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I turned off the flame, covered the utensil with a lid and turned around.

"And I'll miss everything about you! Now promise me you won't skip meals as I'm not there to see."
He nodded and pecked my forehead.

"Promise me that you'll contact me everyday. If call won't be possible then at least you'll message."
He again nodded and pecked my forehead.

"Promise me that you won't overwork yourself."
He nodded and pecked my forehead yet again.

"Promise me..... " before I could complete he captured my lips into a short kiss.

"I'll be a good boy mommy. Don't worry. But you'll have to also promise me that you'll take care of yourself. And if you feel uncomfortable or stressed or any other problem I'm just a call away. Don't bother whether I'm working, or sleeping or eating or doing anything. Just call me once twice thrice! And still if your dumb husband doesn't respond your brother is there with me too. And you know how much stuck he's with his phone. If I didn't pick up he surely will." he said and I nodded and pecked his cheek.

"Come have your breakfast now!" I turned around again to serve his plate.
But he didn't eat alone. Though I wasn't in a mood to eat he fed me few spoons of the Poha I made.

When we were done I took the car keys and he proceeded towards the door with his suitcase. We were walking when he stopped mid way and I bumped into him from behind.
He turned around and I looked at him with a pout.

"You'll pakka be fine na? If you have any kind of problem just let me know. Okay?" he said and I shook my head.

"You're saying this as if I'll tell you and you'll come back leaving all your work!" I said with a teasing smile.
He tapped my head and cupped my face.

"Budhhu! Agar bulaogi to sachh mein aa jaunga."
[Fool! If you'll call me I'll really come.]

"Tumne keh diya na. Wahi kaafi hai."
[You said it. That's enough for me.]

He embraced me and I hugged him back too.