Chapter 10 : Mehendi

"𝑨 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒃𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆."
~~~

Sob *

"Di!!"

Sob*

"Di! Hey!"

Sob sob sob*

"Di please stop crying! " Vivaan sat down beside Preeti who was sitting on the floor leaning to the bed holding a photoframe.

"I'll miss you all Viv." She said sobbing harder.

"Ohh is it? I thought you'll miss only Maa and Papa. You might miss me but I won't miss you at all."

Preeti chuckled with tears still wetting her cheeks. She slowly wiped her cheeks with the back of her palm and leaned her head on Vivaan's shoulder.

Vivaan carefully took the photo frame from Preeti's hands and held it in front of them. It was a photograph of him.

"You know Di what he would have said today?"

"What?" Preeti asked her voice still craking .

" 'Pree you're the strongest girl. I know you can do this. You are capable enough to have new responsibilities. You'll always be happy with him.' " Vivaan completed and hugged Preeti tightly who again started sobbing hearing his words.

"Di tu nahi jana chahti to mat ja na. Ruk ja. Tere is stupid bhai ko teri jarurat hai."
[Sister if you don't want to go then don't go. Your stupid brother needs you.]

"And what about Akhil?" Preeti asked cupping his face.

"I-I don't know. I know he'll keep you happy always. I trust him Di but...." and a single tear left his eye.

They both hugged each other more tightly. They were really going to miss each other. Vivaan was Preeti's apple pie. She's been both a brother and a sister to him. Leaving him was the toughest.

Seeing them cry like this clenched the hearts of two people who were standing at the door looking at their children.

Sushma couldn't control her tears so she moved away from the door whereas Ishwar Rai knew he had to be strong. For his daughter, for his family.

Preeti was an integral part of the family. Everyone in the house was so dependent on her. She always put forth her family over everything. Letting her go was the hardest moment of their lives.

Gesturing Sushma to compose herself, Ishwar Rai knocked on the door. "Preeti, Vivaan come on. We need to leave." No matter his heart was shattering into pieces with the thoughts of his daughter getting married, Ishwar Rai knew this wasn't the time to break down.

Vivaan and Preeti wiped there tears and stood up. The family went down together and left for 'Ahuja House' where all the pre wedding rituals were going to take place.
(Yes the Ahuja's are well off)

---

Preeti's POV

Leaving your house when getting married was painful I knew, but realized the magnitude of pain now.

Leaving behind all the memories I've created in that house, the moments of happiness, grief, excitement, ups downs, everything that happened there and suddenly one day I'm going to start living at some other address, my days will start and in a different atmosphere.
Even though this house is still mine, at the end my destination would be Akhil's house.

All the pre wedding rituals are happening at Ahuja House. The Ahuja's are the kindest people I know. For them both Ashish and Akhil are nothing less than their own sons.