Chapter 28 : Her safe place!

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏."
~~~

Third Person's POV~

Today was the day the eight years old couple was finally going to tie the knot. There was joyous and excitement all around though it was still early morning.

The lawn was beautifully decorated and after a wait of half an hour in the chilly morning the memebers present welcomed the going to be bride and groom for their Haldi.

One person though was pacing all over the lawn looking after the arrangements for the guests breakfast, their arrival, wedding Mandap, and the post wedding requirements.

No matter whether you hire a wedding planner or not one person of the family is always the incharge of looking after each and every detail of the wedding so that there are no loop holes.

Preeti was struggling with a gift basket and suddenly the weight seemed to lighten. Two hands held the basket firmly and placed it over a nearby table.

"Thanks but no thanks" she said rudely as the person has never been a welcoming one for her. "Preeti I-I am sorry!!" he spoke out the words. Preeti looked at him in disbelief.

Was it really the rude and overconfident man she spoke to yesterday. 'Did he hit his head?' she thought.

"Don't look at me as if you saw an alien. I'm really sorry. I've understood that she's not coming back in my life. She's happy a-and I'll let her be. I'm sorry to bother you."

After the previous day's argument with Neharika and realising that she shared something with Ashish he decided to step back. He did really hurt her and doesn't intends to hurt her more. The damage is done and if she thinks someone else other than him can repair it he'll let it be.

Letting her go and be happy was the best way to apologize and repay for his mistakes. He walked away not able to stand there any more.

Preeti's feet remained rooted. She was happy, confused and sad at the same time. Happy that he understood it sooner, confused that how did he change his mind, and sad that he lost a gem and was hurt. Anyone who looked at him could say that he had a sour mood.

"Preeu aja na... " Jay called her at the top of his voice.
[Preeu come...]
"Yeah coming!" she replied.

Both Vansh and Meera were completely drenched in Haldi. Akhil was quick to unlock his phone and click a picture of the Haldi drenched Vansh.

"Kya bola tha? Haldi Man. Ab bol kon lag raha hai Haldi man Huh?" he teased.
[What had you said? Haldi Man. Now say whose looking a Turmeric man Huh?]

"Leliye Badla? Milgayi kaleje ko thandak!!" Vansh countered at him.
[Had your revenge? Now your heart is pacified!]

---

Standing in front of the mirror Preeti glanced at herself one last time before she could head out of her room to Meera's for helping her out.