Chapter 12 : Wedding bells

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖."
~~~

Next day early morning was Haldi ceremony. The bride and groom's Haldi was held separately in both the houses.

Akhil's friends infact poured all the haldi on him.
"You look good Haldi Man. I should click a picture of you, wait" Vansh took out his phone to click his picture.

"No Vansh you won't." Akhil warned him.

"Oh yes I will." Vansh replied and clicked Akhil's pics.

On the other side Preeti's friends and her family were having a peaceful ceremony.

"Okay everyone, now let me take Di in. And Di you remember na you can't meet Jiju till the wedding." Maira said.

"Haan meri behena yaad hai. Ab chale!! " Preeti said.
[Yes my sister I remember. Now can we go.]

They both went inside to get Preeti ready in her wedding attire.

---

After almost 3 hours including getting her Haldi off, make up, hair and dressing she was ready for her big day.

Placing the veil over her head Maira whistled and said "Oho... Jiju to aaj pure flat Ho jaenge."
[Brother in law will be in awe today]

Preeti hit her arm slightly and they both laughed

Preeti hit her arm slightly and they both laughed. There was knock on Preeti's door.

"Come in." said Maira.

The door opened and Preeti's parents along with her Neha, Richa, Vikram, and Jatin came inside. They all looked at Preeti in awe who looked nothing less than a royal princess.

"Preeu, yaar you look.... You look gorgeous." Swati complimented her.
"Preeu I still can't believe yaar you're getting married." Richa said hugging Preeti.

"Umm.. Guys I think we should wait outside." Vikram said to everyone indicating to leave Preeti alone with her parents.

They all went outside and Preeti's mother hugged her tightly. She had no words to say other than "Always stay happy bachha." She was too filled up with emotions to say anything.

Preeti's father also hugged her warmly and carsing her head said "I know you've gone through alot my bachha. I'm proud of my daughter that nothing could break her. I want you to always stay strong as always."

"I will Papa." Preeti said trying to control the storm of emotions inside her.

"Di!" Vivaan entered the room.

"Where were you Viv?" Sushma Rai asked her son.

"I had gone to get this for her." Vivaan said showing a closed bowl and a spoon in his hand.