Chapter 36 : Lies Mr. Agnhiotri!

"𝑰 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰'𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖."
~~~

Preeti's POV ~

"Nooo!!!"

I woke up panting heavily and sweat beads rolled down my face. My chest heaved up and down as my heart crept with fear. I closed my eyes to calm down but that didn't help my shivering body. All I could hear were screams.
The same screams I had heard fifteen years back. The screams that haunt me in my nightmares. I inched my legs closer and wrapping my arms around them I ducked my head.

"Stop please stop! Please please please!!" I chanted as I tried to silence the voices inside my head. Tears fell like waterfall and my head started to bang.
"Akhil!!" a loud sob left my mouth as my heart craved for his presence. Just one word of his and my senses would have started to calm down. My racing heart would have slowed down.

The dark night did no good to my already disturbed senses. My tears and sobs didn't stop, instead increased more with every passing second. My body continued to shiver and I felt myself freezing. I was loosing my strength minute by minute.

Finally after more than an hour of sobbing and shivering, my panic attack started subsiding. My throat had dried and my body was wet with sweat. My body was numb so was my mind. My vision was blurry as the tears sailed in my eyes. Somehow grabbing some courage and strength I tried to move myself.
I kept one of my foot on the cold floor and a shiver ran down my spine. Another set of tears flowed down my eyes. I set my another foot down and tried to rise myself up. As I tried to get up I failed as my body felt no strength and I tripped, falling on the bed.

"Ahh!!" I cried but was there anyone who could listen to me?

I held the bar of the canopy around the bed and tried to stand straight. My legs still trembled and my head was spinning. I knew I can fall any moment if I force myself too much. But my dry throat needed water. I managed to set myself straight and struggled as I walked till the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. As soon as the water touched my mouth I felt a sense of relief. Though I wasn't fully calmed down the water did make me feel lighter. I walked back to my bed making sure to keep my balance and sat down taking deep breaths.
I still wasn't fine. Cuz the only thing that distracted me from my haunted thoughts and feelings was Akhil.

My happiness pill!!

The medicine to my every pain!!

My hand reached for my phone and I unlocked it to dial Akhil's number.

'Wait what are you doing? It's half past two. He must be sleeping. How can you distur him this late?'
Came a voice from behind my head.

But he did tell me to call him anytime I feel that I need him.
'So are you going to call him now? Didn't he tell you how tired he was and how hectic the day went? Do really want to disturb him?'
Though I knew my Akhil would never mind me calling him at this hour but somehow the reason to not call him made sense.
He was tired and sleepy when I had called him few hours back. It's been almost two weeks he's gone to Delhi and the workload there is stressful. All he gets to rest is a sleep from around eleven at night till seven in the morning after a hectic day at work. I can't disturb him now.

I opened the chat box to see whether anyone was online. Accidentally I clicked on Akhil's chat and was about to press the back button when I noticed 'online'!!

Akhil isn't sleeping!

Whom might he be talking to at this hour?
I debated whether I should put up a text or call him or do nothing. Only my heart knew how much I craved to talk to him cuz it was only him who could calm me right now.