Chapter 13 : A New Phase

"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖."
~~~

AKHIL'S POV~

I woke up because of the brightness of the sunlight only to witness a great site in front of me.
Preeti was asleep hugging one of the pillows I placed between us. She looked so cute while sleeping like that.

I got married to this beautiful woman in front of me yesterday.
She's mine! My Lady! My Wife!

My wife! Feels good to hear that.

I unlocked my phone to check the time. It was still 7:00. Maa had informed us yesterday to come down at 9:30. There's still time, so I decided not to wake Preeti up.

I freshened up and according to my daily routine moved to the kitchen to make some coffee. One exception today was that I had to make two instead of one cup.

I got the milk from the fridge and was pouring it into the coffee vessel when I heard Preeti's voice from behind.

"You're up early?" She asked coming towards the kitchen.

"Yeah... Actually I get up everyday at this time. Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?"

"No, infact you should've woken me up earlier. Coffee? " She said looking at the vessel on the burner.

"Yupp.... Freshen up. We'll have our morning coffee together."

"OK... I'll come in a minute." Saying she went back in the room. Until she was done I served coffee for both of us and also got some chocolate cookies from the cabinet.

After she came I handed her the coffee cup and we both went towards the living room.
Settling on the sofa she asked " So am I everyday going to be treated by a cup of coffee made by you in the morning?"

"Of course. Just to spend those few minutes of togetherness." I said winking at her.

I'm surely going to keep my promise!

"Actually I added less sugar in both the cups. Do you need more?"

"No no. It's perfect." She said.

Just like you!

This feels so good. Everyday waking up to the sight of your wife sleeping besides you and having morning coffee with her!!I've never felt like this before. This new phase in life is really something!!

Ughh... You're going crazy Akhil!

We both finished our coffee and she went to our room to get ready.
"Preeti wait let me take my clothes to the other room." I said following her.

I opened my side of the cupboard as I had shifted all my clothes to one side, I took my shirt and jeans.
"You're cupboard is so organized Akhil. My mother would definitely be impressed by it." She said

"Well... Everyone gets impressed by your husband My Lady!" I said winking at her.
Her mouth hung open at my words. Seeing her I couldn't control my laughter.

"Very funny. Now Shoo!! let me get ready." She said.

I chuckled at her behavior and went to the other room to get ready.
Coming out after I was done I went to my room. Preeti was standing in front of the mirror wearing a beautiful red Saree.

 Preeti was standing in front of the mirror wearing a beautiful red Saree