Chapter 14 : Being supportive

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓."
~~~

Preeti's POV~

My merry sleep was disturbed by the irrigating voice of the alarm. I got up, my eyes half open and noticed the other side of the bed empty.

He might be awake already.

I went towards the bathroom to complete my morning chores and when I came out the rich aroma of coffee reached my nostrils.

I entered the kitchen only to see my handsome husband pouring coffee for both of us.

"Morning!" I greeted going near him.
"Good morning! Here, your coffee. Come let's sit outside." He forwarded the cup to me.

"Umm.. Akhil can we have our coffee in the kitchen itself?" I asked him doubting whether he'll like the idea.

"Umm.. OK. "
As soon as he said this I grinned and climbed the kitchen counter like a kid. I love to have my coffee sitting like this.

Since the kitchen counter had enough space Akhil too joined me. "Even you like having coffee like this?" He asked.

"Of course. You too?" I asked looking at him. In response he just nodded and we both continued sipping our coffee in a comfortable silence.

---

"Akhil breakfast's ready!!" I said placing our plates with omelette and bread, and a glass of fruit juice for him on the dinning table.

"Coming..." I heard him say while coming out of the room.
We both seated adjacent to each other and had our breakfast.

"You're joining back tomorrow right?" Akhil asked while keeping the dishes in the sink.

"Yupp... I do have a little work today as well but may be I'll do it after lunch. " I said handing him his lunch box.

"I told you not to stress yourself with these things Preeti." He frowned looking at it.

"I remember that Akhil. I wanted to make lunch for you! Now instead of frowning can you plz appreciate the efforts I took in making lunch for you." I said in a whining tone.

"Of course I appreciate that Preeti and I always will." He took the tiffin and placed it besides his laptop bag.

"Did you take all your belongings?"

"Yes ma'am" he answered taking his car keys.

"If you get bored just go down and spend some time with Riya. I'll be back by 7:00 pm. See you." He said going out but stopped and turned back.

"Did you forget something?" I asked him.

"Yes I guess. " He said coming towards me.

"This" He said and embraced me.

Ohh my my!

I wrapped my arms around his torso resting my face on his chest.

"Take care, don't need to do any kind of extra work and please have your lunch on time. I'll try to call you during lunch." He said still holding me in his warm embrace.

"Hmm... " I nodded lightly.

"Bye." He cupped my face and said.

I honestly didn't want him to go. His embrace is so warm that I would love to stay there all day, all night.

"Bye. Come soon."

---

After Akhil left I cleaned the kitchen counter, organized my side of the wardrobe and had a long soothing hot shower.