Chapter 17 : Rising feelings

"𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓."
~~~

Akhil's POV~

Good morning world!!
Excited to start the day?

Well if you're not, I am.

Wanna know why?

Cz my day starts with a special encounter with my wife sleeping innocently in my arms.
But you know one part I'm pissed about.
She still thinks she's hugging the pillow and not me. Every morning she's squeezing the hell out of me thinking its the pillow.

But it's OK. As far as she's having an amazing sleep and being comfortable in my arms I won't mind.

But there's something more special about today.

Wanna know what?

(Nah....I'm sure the author's not so lineant that she'll let you know this early. )

As soon as Preeti's family returned to the city the first thing I did was to have a conversation with them about the incident, of course without Preeti's knowledge.

I know I know!

As a good husband I should've let her know that I met her parents but, hey! do you think she would've let me do that with the reason I met them for?

Anyways so here's what happened...

Flashback

"I'm glad Di opened up early." Vivaan said rubbing his temples.

"Akhil, thank you so much for being there for my daughter, son! Every year we are away on this day and she suffers her grief alone." Preeti's father spoke with pain in his voice.

"You don't need to say that Papa. Preeti's my wife. I'll always be there when she needs someone." I assured him.

"You know Akhil, my Preeu used to be one of those fragile innocent dolls. But Ishaan's demise changed everything.

She stoped sharing her pain, had less people to trust and most importantly she stopped depending on anyone. Not that we aren't happy that our daughter is independent but you know it's not just financially but also emotionally or any day to day things. She deals it all alone.

During the initial years me and Ishwar Ji were grief stricken. I regret not giving Preeu and Vivaan much time during those days." Preeti's mother said with guilt in her voice.

"She took up on herself to be the elder child who supports her family. From being a mentor to Vivaan to handling expenses of the house. She did everything. You've also been a teenager. You know how much children love to try out new things, explore, enjoy at that age.... But Preeti dedicated her time just for us. " Papa completed.

I was listening to them silently. Words were as if stuck somewhere and didn't dare to come out.
I used to wonder why she's stubborn sometimes or likes to keep things to herself. Now I know why!

"Even Jay and Vansh bhai have no idea about it though Uncle Aunty know. Di never speaks about it to anyone. None of her college friends know she's ever had an elder one. Only Riki Di knows and that too because they both are childhood friends." Vivaan's voice was barely audible. He was trying his best not to burst out.

When I was done talking with them I left for office offering Vivaan a ride. It was quite a little awkward initially for both of us so we just sat silently.

"There's one more thing I need to tell you Jij." Vivaan spoke breaking the silence between us.

"Hmm... "