Chapter 25 : Humdard 🎶

Super Long Chapterrrr!!! Grab some snacks and continue!
Happy Reading!!
****

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕."
~~~

Akhil's POV~

"Preeti I need to work for a while. You can sleep." I said coming inside the room. She was sitting on her side of the bed reading 'The Blue Umbrella'.

"It's fine. I'll wait." she said immersed in the book.

"It'll probably take time Pree."

"It's fine Akhil."

Her mood isn't elighted though it's her birthday tomorrow. I do have some work but I'm staying up just so that I could wish her.

When I had a conversation with Vivaan about my surprise for Preeti he told me that she doesn't celebrates her birthday anymore since her brother passed away.

But I think holding on to the past affects your present adversely. So I decided to celebrate this day, though not very grand but something private.

Nodding I went into the other room so that in case she decides to sleep I don't disturb her. But I know she won't sleep. She doesn't until I do.

-

I glanced at my phone. It was almost 11:50. I made my way to our room and found Preeti had laid down already.

I hope she isn't fast asleep.

I slowly crawled to her and kneeled down, I caressed her hair and she stirred in her sleep.

"Jaan

"Jaan..." I whisper called her. She slowly opened her eyes. "You're done?" she asked glancing at the wall clock.

I nodded and stood up, and forwarded my hand. She held it and stood up confusingly.
Doesn't she remember her own birthday?

Or she wasn't expecting this.

I took a glance at the clock.
Five..!
Four..!
Three..!
Two..!
One..!!

"Happy Birthday Jaan..!!" I wished cupping her face and placing a kiss on her forehead. She closed her eyes in anticipation.

When she opened her eyes they were moist. I shaked my head in negative and a single tear slipped her left eye.