Chapter 29 : I just need to hug him!

"𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒅𝒂𝒚."
~~~

Preeti's POV~

Mmmm.... Yumm...this is heaven!!
Having ice cream in the middle of the night is another level of happiness.

As I was savouring my ice cream I saw a shadow in the dim light of the kitchen.
Shit!! Khadoos is up!

"As far as I know nights are for sleeping Mrs. Agnhiotri." he said walking towards me, his figure getting clearer with each step.

"Seriously? Ice cream at this hour. It's 2:00 AM Pree!!" he said groggily.
Ahh he sounds so hot right now!!

"Ice cream ke liye koi wakt nahi hota Mr. Agnhiotri!" I reverted back.
[There's no specific time for ice-cream Mr. Agnhiotri!]

"Yeah b.... Wait a minute! Is that my chocolate ice cream? Pree!! You finished half of it!" he whined snatching the tub from my hands.

"Ayee mister. I was the one who demanded for the ice cream. So I have equal rights over it. Shukar manao adha hi khaya hai!"
[Be thankful that I just finished half of it!]

"Pschh...Thats not fair!"

"Everything is fair in love and war husband." I said cheekily winking at him.

"Acha! Fine then. Let me have the black current one then." He was about to open the freezer but I sprinted in front of him and stood between the refrigerator and him.

"Nah. Nope. Nada. You're not getting to eat that. That"s exclusively mine." I said crossing my arms.

"You had half the tub of my favorite flavor...."

"Yeah cz half belonged to me. You still have the half tub."

"Pree..."

"Akhil...."

Look at us! Grown up adults fighting like kids!!

I scrunched my nose and narrowed my eyes at him.

As if that's going to intimidate your husband🙄!!
My conscience mocked.
Yeah, but what if it works.

"Fine I can't argue with you when it comes to ice creams. There's no way I'm going to win." he said and stepped back letting out a defeated sigh.

I giggled at his reaction and then placed the remaining ice-cream back into the fridge. As I turned to walk towards the bedroom Akhil stepped closer and picked me up.

"You remember right I'll be the one delivering you till the bed." he said and his lips curved into a mischievous smile.

He slowly placed me on the bed and as soon as he laid beside me I clinged to him.

"Aren't you spoiling me a lot these days? " I questioned while my hand drew patterns on his chest.

"Isn't that something I'm supposed to do. Spoil you, pamper you and care for you." he replied and my lips curled up automatically.

"You know you're sometimes sweeter than the ice cream!!"

"Sometimes?" he quizzed in a dissapointed tone and I couldn't control but giggle.

I raised my head and placed a kiss over his forehead while one of my hand cupped his cheek and other still resting on his chest.
"I love you!" I said looking into his eyes.

"More than your ice cream?" he asked like an innocent kid and I pecked his nose before answering.
"More than the ice cream." I replied softly and he gave me one of his brightest smiles as always. The one I fall for everytime I see it.