Chapter 37 : I'm home!!

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏."

~~~

Third Person POV~

Three weeks passed by with a mix of emotions. Akhil was about to return in the evening. Preeti was excited to see him but also scared because of the argument that happened six days back.
On the other side as much as Akhil also was eager to embrace his love he was still upset with her on the matter. The argument was never sorted as after that night both of them couldn't have a brief conversation.

Akhil avoided speaking to her as he wanted her to know that her words did upset him. Though he understands her possessiveness, his mind couldn't find appropriate justification for her behavior.
Preeti on the other hand couldn't find the right words to explain him her situation and mental state. She anyways was loaded with work and talked only over texts with him. The most they talked in these six days was for five minutes and thirty seconds as she had counted that too just about his arrival.

He had clearly asked her not to come to the airport to receive her but Preeti being Preeti was on her way to pick him up.
The flight was to land at six thirty and she left home at around four thirty keeping in mind the amount of traffic on the airport road on Saturdays.

But she wasn't alone. Someone else as well tagged along her saying she wants to receive Akhil but her reasoning wasn't convincing enough for Preeti. Parking the car at the right spot Preeti unfastened the seatbelt.

"Well I'm happy you came along with me. There's still half an hour before there flight lands." she said turning her head sideways. But the pair of doey eyes were set at the gate waiting for someone she had actually come along with Preeti.

"Ahem ahem. Ri it's still half an hour for their flight to land." Preeti spoke again tapping on Riya's shoulder making her shift her gaze towards Preeti.
"Uhh... There's still lot of time. I can't wait to meet Cha.... " she started to complain but stopped mid way and eyed Preeti from the corner of her eyes.
"Meet who?" Preeti asked with slight teasing in her voice.

"Umm Chachundar's senior. I mean Bhai."

"Oh your brother. I thought my brother!" Preeti murmured softly so that she doesn't hear.

After a wait of twenty minutes they descended down and walked towards the exit gate. After the announcement of the flight landing both of theirs eyes were stuck to the gate.

Preeti's heart raced by the speed of a horse. Her wait of three weeks, her longing of so many days was finally coming to the end.
She could finally feel him. She knew the moment she sees him her traitor tears are going to flow down her eyes. But she had to compose herself as she didn't want to be a crying mess in front of so many people there.

"Bhabhs there here!!" she heard Riya poiting at the exit and she saw Vivaan coming out with his luggage in one hand while he was speaking to Aashiya. "Who's that?" Riya enquiried but Preeti didn't answer as her eyes searched for her one and only.
Finally he too walked out.

She stood at a distance of almost 30 seconds only and couldn't wait him to cover up those. Though they were away for three weeks these 30 seconds felt longer than those. He stopped in his track and moved his eyes around looking for his wife.

Finally his eyes landed on her and their eyes met. Correction locked!
All she could focus on in the crowd was were those soft warm eyes of his.
She didn't even realize when her feet started taking steps and unknowingly she walked ahead.
After a few steps she jogged towards him and in seconds engulfed him in a tight hug.