Back In Gotham - 1

"We are now arriving at Gotham airport. Please remain in your seats for the time being."

It felt eerie being back in Gotham. It had been so long since you had visited. Ever since billionaire Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered and your parents signed custody of you over to your grandparents, you had been living outside the city. But now was finally the moment you could return. You gathered up enough money to finally be able to pay for college. 

It wasn't a very special university in particular, but it did score you an internship at the Gotham Gazette as an editorial assistant. 

You found that a job where you could essentially gossip and report on rich people's lives to be amusing, although you never did appreciate the way the rich were idolized. You heard about how rich Bruce Wayne was a hot topic among the public now in gotham, they either were obsessed and in love with him or people simply admired him for being a Wayne.

You opened your phone to an article headline that read "Bruce Wayne, Gotham's biggest heart-throb and his hidden personal life."

"Hell, he isn't that special." You thought. You had never seen him in person, but in the pictures you saw- you didn't really understand the hype. He was handsome, but you would never admit that. You found it weird how people wanted to know everything about him, but you did have a little curiosity of how he acted when he was unmasked ( 😏and not at the news and social events.

You opened your mail app to see an email from your new boss. She wanted you to come in as soon as you arrived to discuss some terms and an event that you would need to attend. 

--- Time skip to arrival at the News station ---

"Y/n l/n, is it?"

Your new boss approached you as you walked in the doors.

"Yes, thats me! Its nice to meet you. I-"

"This job internship was given to you purely out of charity. I want you to realize right now that the only people here in Gotham that really matter are the rich. Bruce Wayne is the one who started this program, and the internship is an opportunity for unfortunate students."

The boss snapped, after interrupting you. Great-- you thought. You were just a charity case. 

"I know ma'am, and I am thankful for this opportunity regardless of how I got it."

The boss smiled. "Good. That's what I wanted to hear. You can call me Miss Jones by the way."

She introduced herself as she motioned for you to follow to her office. As she sat down at her desk she shuffled through some files, some of which you noticed were about Bruce Wayne. 

"Do you know him?" You blurted out, without thinking. 

"Who? Bruce Wayne? I knew him when we were kids and talk to him on occasion at business parties and he has shown some interest in me." She said, acting proud with a smirk on her face.

"Speaking of which, that's partially why I had to contact you to come in immediately. He is hosting a party tonight in celebration of a recent partnership. We need to cover it, and none of my assistants are available today. Normally I wouldn't ask a new intern."

You wrinkled your face at the thought of interacting with people who would treat you like garbage because of your financial status but shook your head. "I will do it if that is what you would like."

Miss jones grinned. 

"Good. Remember your place, talk to people, gain some insights. Only hold professional conversations. The party is in a few hours, make sure to wear something suitable. Oh and be sure to ask around about batman, in case you haven't heard he has been roaming the streets of gotham punishing criminals."

"The masked vigilante I've seen in the news? Okay... I'll be sure to ask."