The Kiss - 4

You stood still, feeling butterflies flutter through your stomach. You could feel him against your back, your face turning a shade of pink as your mind began to wonder. His hot breath, his arms....

How could you go from choking on a piece of chicken to this?

Lost in your thoughts, the two of you remained in silence for a minute. 

"Can you breath?" Bruce questioned, as he slowly let go of you. As he did let go, he grazed his hand against your waist almost in a flowing motion. It felt like he did it on purpose, maybe he enjoyed being close to you.

He was only saving your life, from choking on chicken. First a random person in a bat suit saving you, now the prince of gotham making sure you didn't choke to death. 

Bruce's question caught you off guard, as you in fact could not breath or function properly after being that close to him.

"I--... Yeah I'm better now..." You smiled looking down, embarassed by your blushing face.

Bruce looked like he was about to say something but just as he was about to, Alfred walked into the room. "Master Bruce, I hate to intrude on your date but are you prepared for the party tomorrow?"

You glanced at Bruce and then at Alfred. Date? Was that what this was?  

"Yes, I am. Did they fix the bat issue in the building yet?" Bruce replied.

He glanced at you and shifted a little closer to you, did he really just-

''They still need someone to go and do that. It should be done by the end of the night." Alfred replied as he bowed and then left the room to attend to something else.

Bruce looked a little peeved and nodded his head letting out a small sigh and adjusting the collar of his shirt. "It was nice to have dinner with you Miss l/n, shall I give you a ride home?"

A ride in a car alone with Bruce Wayne? You smiled to yourself then nodded. "Yes, thank you Mr. Wayne."

Bruce got closer to you, like REALLY close. Almost as close as he was when he helped out earlier when you were choking. Except this time, he was in front of you looking at your face.

"Alright, but call me Bruce" He got closer to you almost pushing you against the wall as he reached above you to grab his car keys.

Your heart was beating fast, your mind going in other directions. He had to know what he was doing-- 

Bruce helped you into his car, and then got in himself. You gave him your address and he began to drive.

"Did you hear about how the strange batman guy saved me?" You said, trying to break the silence in the car.

Bruce looked over at you as he was driving then quickly back at the rode.

"Strange?" He questioned.

"Well, I mean he wears a bat suit and... punches people. The only thing I remember from the moments after the lights went out was him picking me up and me wiping blood off of his nice jawline-" 

"So do you have a thing for Batman then?" Bruce said as he approached your apartment. 

"No of course not- I dont know him- I.. well he's-" You stumbled over your words, why was he asking that?

You looked towards him after covering your face to realize he had been just silently looking at you. You blushed, not realizing he had been looking all that time. You looked into each others eyes. 

You saw him glance down at your lips and he clenched his fist and looked away getting out of the car. He walked around and helped you out. 

"You're acting strange Mr----- I mean Bruce" 

He closed the distance between you once again, this time slowly pressing you against his car. He looked at your lips and brushed some of your hair out of your face softly with his hand. 

"You have something on your face.." He said softly.

You put your hands on his chest looking up at him. You could feel his heart beating. 

"W-well I-"

It seemed as if your innocent action provoked him. He leaned in close to your face and put one of his hands on the side of your face and kissed you softly. 

You felt a shock wave shoot through your body as you returned the kiss.

Bruce moved his other hand slowly to your waist. He smelled fresh, his lips tasted sweet. 

As he slowly pulled away you opened your eyes noticing the Bat signal in the sky. Bruce seemed to notice it too but you both said nothing about it.

"Thank you for tonight Miss l/n-" Bruce began to say, but you interrupted him-

"You mean y/n, Mr, Wayne" you teased.

He smiled faintly, he hadn't done that many times. He didn't seem like he was good at showing his emotions.

You both exchanged goodbyes, and you walked inside your apartment screaming internally. 

No. Freaking. Way. You just kissed Bruce Wayne--.. You felt your face heat up again thinking about it. You opened your phone as you kicked off your shoes and sat on your couch.

You felt like you were a young teenager again. You tried not to get too excited, but it couldn't be helped.

---------------------------------------------

3rd Person Bruce's POV:

"Why did I just kiss her? After asking if she had a thing for batman." Bruce mumbled to himself after he had gotten back in his car

He sighed, driving back quickly to the mansion and changing into his batsuit. He started looking around his bat cave trying to find where he had put the new file he had started to make on y/n.

Alfred walked by and slapped down a folder on the table near Bruce. "Looking for these Batman? I thought she'd end up spending the night, based on the files in this folder and your diary that you left on the counter the other day."

Bruce's eyebrow twitched. "So you were the one to change the address I had put in the letter to have her come to the house..?"

"Precisely." Alfred said, feeling proud of himself. 

"Do you know what the bat signal is for? I was going to go check on y/n.."