Gotham General Hospital - 19

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.W. Journal entry, y/n file #19:

I wanted to save her, but I ended up getting us both shot instead. Alfred says I need surgery, and urgent medical attention, but these bandages are doing the job. I had remained conscious even when y/n passed out. I couldn't see or hear much, but I knew Jim Gordon wouldn't allow me to be taken in a normal ambulance. He took me to the tower, where I told him to leave me. Alfred came and picked me up, scolding me for not taking my life more seriously. 

How could I? She was in danger because of me. I felt like I was going to die in those moments when it was just me and her laying on the ground, bleeding. I could barely breathe, and she stopped me from taking off my mask even in that moment

I want her to know who I am, but I am horrified of being so vulnerable. I'm in love with her and now she's hurt because of me, because of the batman, in gotham general. I'm going to go visit her as Bruce Wayne. Alfred says it's a good idea to admit myself while I'm there, I'm having trouble breathing still and its hard to walk. If anyone sees me with the cane Alfred is making me use... I don't want to imagine the headlines.

I just can't wait to see y/n's face again. My health isn't important right now, I just need to know she's okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You slowly began to regain consciousness. Your body felt drained of energy. 

As you looked around, you realized you were in a hospital room. This was the second time you had been in one in the past week... 

Your ankle was in a cast, and supported by a small pillow propping it up. You tried to feel for your phone, but it was no where.

You began to feel the same panic from the night before, as you slowly replayed the events in your head....the batman... was he safe?..... alive?..... 

You looked at the logo on your hospital gown and your face went pale.

This was gotham general hospital, where you had been admitted before... and Bruce owned this building in particular... you hoped he hadn't found out about anything yet.

Interrupting your thoughts, a doctor walked into the room and smiled at you. "Miss l/n, Im glad to see you are awake. How are you feeling?" 

You smiled a little back, your stomach still uneasy. "I'm feeling alright.." 

That wasn't a lie. 

Your ankle was sore, but not agonizing. 

You would feel better once you were out of that hospital.

You would feel better once you saw that the batman was okay.

"That's good to hear. Are you well enough to take a visitor--?" 

The doctors face was slightly nervous for your answer, as if they needed you to say yes.

You raised an eyebrow. "Yes.. I think so.."