The Batman - 36

After you helped Bruce bandage up his wound, he asked that you wait for him outside his room while he prepped for the 'business affair.' You sighed, tapping your foot on the ground as you sat on a couch in the hallway outside his door. 

You wondered if he was suspicious of your reaction to his wound, you weren't shocked. You couldn't be, you knew what he did in his free time... You looked at your phone, opening your emails again. Three new invitations in the past 2 hours. 

One of them was from the university that had rejected you a few weeks ago. Your dream school wanted you now. The message apologized for the previous rejection and reinstated your acceptance. You shook your head, exiting out of the email and scrolling back to another email. 

You looked through the other emails looking for at least one invitation or acceptance before yesterday. You didn't want to go to a school that just wanted you for publicity reasons. 

"What are you up to?"

A breeze of cologne filled your nose as Bruce sat next to you, causing you to blush slightly and show him your phone.

"The universities only want me there because of you..."

Bruce frowned a little taking your phone gently as his rough hand brushed against yours.

"Are you sure?"

He asked, scrolling through the emails that you had looked at multiple times now.

"What else would it be... I mean it's exciting, sure...  I just wanted them to look at more than who I'm... well--"

You stuttered, realizing you hadn't said the words out of your own mouth yet.

"hmm?"

Bruce looked at you, slowly wrapping his arm around your waist and holding your phone in his other hand. 

"who I'm dating.... like, that's all they know about me or look at-"

You blushed, looking away from his gaze.

"I wouldn't be so sure... Look at this."

He opened a new tab, entering your name and scrolling to an article that had your name in the title and handed you the phone.

He began to stand up, letting his arm brush against you as he removed his hand from your waist. Alfred approached as he did so.

"Master Bruce, there's been a slight change of plans, you'll have to attend a different business affair." Alfred said, slowly looking towards you.

You shut off your phone, standing up.

"Ah... alright..."

Bruce muttered softly, turning back to look at you.

"Can you see that she gets back to her home safely."