The Buzz - 35

You approached the door, ringing the bell and taking a deep breath in as you glanced towards the sky behind you. The sun has almost fully risen. 

You heard the door creak, causing you to flip your head back to look towards the door, to be greeted with a smiling Alfred.

"Miss y/n, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Alfred glanced briefly at the outfit you were wearing, but did not question or mention it.

You paused for a second, wondering if Alfred knew about Bruce's secret identity... he had to know, you assumed.

"Well... long story short, br-the batman just dropped me off here..."

Alfred paused for a moment before giving you a bigger smile and opening the door fully to let you in. 

"I see... well, you are welcome here anytime, in fact I do enjoy your company so please come more often." 

He laughed as he walked with you towards the lounge area. You took a seat on one of the couches letting out a small sigh.

"I'll let Bruce know you're here, would you like a cup of coffee or some tea?"

"Some coffee, please."

 You smiled as Alfred walked away.

You pulled out your phone, realizing you hadn't checked your emails at all in the past few days due to work. Your inbox indicated that you had over 1000 new emails causing you to let out a long sigh.

You went to your flagged important section, and your eyes began to widen. Your mind had been far from even thinking about college lately but it seemed at least 15 universities near or around Gotham were extending personal invitations.

You scrolled until you reached the bottom of the messages, seeing one from the college you were initially supposed to attend when you first moved here. Your heart skipped a beat, assuming it would be another personal invitation.... but it was not.

The date of the email was from a few weeks ago, and it was a rejection/revoke letter saying you would no longer be able to attend or reapply in the future. You sighed, exiting out of the email. It was because of the drama with Miss Jones most likely, that internship is what looked good on your college application in the first place.

Alfred walked back in, carrying a tray with your coffee on it.

"Here you are Miss y/n"

He sat the tray down on the coffee table next to the couch, you smiled looking away from your phone at him.

"Thank you Alfred... I appreciate it, and uhmm... can I ask you a question?"

Alfred sat down across from you and nodded. "Of course."

"Do you know if Bruce has anything to do with the sudden increase of colleges trying to get me to attend..."