Oxygen - 22

You looked into his eyes for what seemed like minutes.

"I-I'm sorry for startling you... I just needed to see that you were.. alive."

You glanced back to his wounds noticing him quickly look away from you. 

"I didn't think my door was unlocked..." His voice sounded cold and sad.

You could tell he was concentrated on his breathing by the sound the oxygen tank made, and the heart rate monitor.

It broke your heart to see him like this... but he still looked as handsome as ever. You sighed, slowly putting your hand just below his abs and you sat on the edge of the bed near him.

"Who did this to you...."

You innocently stroked his stomach/abs, tracing the faded scars that plagued his body until you reached the area where there were 2 freshly stitched scars. You glanced at the bandages on the ground and then at him. 

"Do they hurt...." you mumbled softly.

His hand suddenly grabbed yours, holding it still, and his breathing deepened, so did the hum of the oxygen machine. 

"Everything hurts.."

He didn't let go of your hand. 

"Is there anything I can do... to help you? I can't just... leave you like this" 

You looked to his eyes after staring at his hand gripping yours, to find him already looking at you.

He took a deep breath.

"Your touch."

You blushed at the smooth, yet worn out tone in his voice.

He moved your hand along his chest and directed your hand all around his arm, side, but then slowly let go of your hand. 

You continued the pattern.

Massaging him gently. Your hands moved to his tense shoulders. You could tell he wanted to relax, but his body wouldn't let him.

You moved closer to him on the bed so that you could be in a better position to massage his shoulders. He noticed that. You both were remaining quiet... You could feel your cheeks heat up at the thought of what happened last time you were in this bed.

For some reason it hadn't entered your mind until now. 

You paused for a moment, but just as you were about to rest your hands on his shoulders he began to sit up.

"Bruce-" your voice filled with concern as he sat up, his jaw clenching because of the pain.

You could hear the heart rate monitor quicken as he attempted to bring you closer to him. You let him do so, helping him by moving the rest of your body onto the bed. 

His arms drooped back down to move the oxygen tube out of the way

.

Noticing that, you slowly moved behind him, and positioned yourself right behind his back.