Together - 31

((we're back baaaaaaby! also, WAS number 1 in #bruce for almost a month since I last updated!) thank you! hope you guys are still around, and if you're returning or reading for the first time I hope you enjoy :))

"What are you saying?"

You blushed, looking up at him, wiping some of his hair from his face and tucking it around his ear. 

"Will you be my-"

He paused and bit his lip, beginning to sit up and leaning back against the couch. Your heart was racing a million miles a minute as you sat up next to him.

"Yes."

You replied, breaking the silence. He turned to look at you, his mouth curving upwards. You scooted closer to him and put your hand on his chest gently.

"On one condition.."

"Mmm?"

His eyes locked with yours, leaning his face closer to yours. You could feel his breath on your skin as your faces were inches apart.

"Tell me the tru-"

The door to his office opened quickly. 

"Miss y/n- you wouldn't happened to have seen master Bruce anywhere, its urgent-.....-"

Alfred stood in the doorway, obviously expecting only you to be in the office. His eyes drifted to the scene of both of you, the sprawled out first aid kit, and the bloodied rags you had used to clean his wound.

".... well uhm-"

Bruce cleared his throat, leaning away from you and quickly buttoning up his shirt, throwing the over jacket back on to hide the blood stain.

"Wait, what is it? I dont think he should be doing anything with the state he's in right now..."

You looked back and forth between alfred and bruce.

Bruce began to stand up, and you quickly leaped up standing in front of him.

"I was unaware he received more injuries.."

Alfred gave bruce a look and sighed.

"Nevermind, Bruce we need to get you to a hospital.."

Bruce gave alfred a look back and looked at you before he began to walk out of his office quickly. You gulped, following him as he brushed past Alfred. 

"Bruce-"

You grabbed onto his arm gently as you walked quickly to keep up with him. He looked down at you then back up. You noticed Mr fox and a few others crowded around the entrance to the elevator talking.

"Mr Wayne, I was under the impression that you had.... left the building.."

A voice broke through the crowd, an unsettling and anger inducing tone.