Bartender - 14

You had no choice but to trust the penguin, after all, you would be working for him. You let out a deep breath before looking the penguin in the eyes.

"When can I start?" You muttered as you pulled out your broken phone.

A sly smile spread across his face. "You can start right now, but we have a dress code for bartenders. There is clothing in the break room down the hall. Get changed and one of my other ladies will help you with the basics."

You got up, nodding and you sighed looking at your phone. "I hope pay is enough to get me a new one of these."

 You mumbled to yourself as you walked out and down the hallway towards the room penguin had mentioned.

You got dressed into the rather, showy... attire. You rolled your eyes at the thought of men's eyes on you..

It was a stark difference from your normal casual business-wear. You thought to yourself what Bruce.... or maybe even what Batman would say if he saw you in this. You shuddered at the thought. 

"You must be y/n l/n" A tall, confident looking woman walked into the break room.

Her boots were similar to the ones penguin supplied to you, almost knee high and slick black.

You nodded. "Yup that's me-- are you the one that's going to show me the ropes?" You asked, standing up and looking at her. 

"Yes. My name is Irena by the way"

Her smile seemed to fade as she looked at you closer.

"Why are you working at a place like this, if I may ask?" 

Irena asked as she started to show you the way to the bar.

"I lost my job, and I don't know how to tell my friend.. I know he'll try and help, but I don't want him to feel like he has to, or like it's his fault.." You sighed, thinking about how Bruce would react when he finds out you were working at a bar.

As you and Irena approached the bar, there was not as many people in the room yet, but it was still busy. It was only the afternoon, so business would pick up in the coming hours. Irena grabbed a couple bottles and glasses as she glanced towards you.

"Is this friend a crush of yours?"

You blushed a little. "It's a little bit complicated, he lives such a different life compared to me, and there's this other guy who's even more different but has helped me out a lot..."

Irena showed you how to mix a few different types of drinks, and the proper way to reject advances in a way that wouldn't make any of the customers freak out. 

She also gave a few tips on how to receive gifts through seduction or.. how just how to steal from rich people in their drunken state, which you appreciated... but you weren't here to do anything illegal.

"Is the first guy rich or something?"

Irena asked, looking at you as she took a sip of the drink she had just made.

"He is... but-"

More people started to filter into the bar, the club's noise was becoming louder and the floors began to boom as the music was increased. You glanced to a table in the corner, noticing some people taking drops. You gulped, looking away.