Lies & Jealousy - 12

#1 in #batmanfanfiction, #batmanxreader, #batmanfanfic, and #4 in #batman2022 at the time of writing! <3 (Thank you.)

"...but-.. the city needs you.."

You sniffle, burying your face into his cape hoping your tears didn't stain the fabric. 

"and you need to get some rest.."

You smiled a little, comforted by his soothing raspy voice. You had felt that comfort when Bruce Wayne held your waist. You couldn't push the thought of him away. Why did he hate the batman, would he understand if you ended up telling him about tonight?...

You slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

You were tossing and turning in your sleep. Your breathing was heavy and you somehow managed to twist the batman's cape around you, tangling yourself in it. The bat, was still awake, observing you.

Admist the chaos, batman began to lay his body down beside you, instead of sitting up. He inched closer to you and grabbed his cape in attempt to untangle you as you slept, causing you to roll over onto him in your sleep.

You awoke at the feeling of his armor pressing into your skin, you pretended to still be asleep. You felt his breathing quicken in reaction to your body ontop of him. You tried to remain calm, you were only 'asleep' on top of the batman.

You felt him slowly turn you to your side, his arms slowly wrapping around your waist, and his body spooning yours. You smiled to yourself, as you slowly started to fall back asleep.

~~~~~

You awoke to the sound of your bathroom door creaking and water running. You looked to the side of you, and he was gone. It had to be the batman in your bathroom, right?

Getting up, you tip toed to the bathroom, the door was slightly cracked open. You peeked through, slightly curious. The water was running, and the batman held his....... maskless face over the sink, letting his dampened hair cover his face as he leaned against the counter.

You gasped stumbling backwards as his head moved over in your direction. He quickly shut the door, and you heard him scramble to put his mask back on...

You wish you'd got a better look... 

"Don't worry... I didn't see your face, just your hair..." You said, leaning against the wall facing the bathroom. 

The batman opened the door quickly, walking past you. He seemed on edge, you had probably upset him...

"I saw the door cracked open and got curious- I didn't know you wouldn't have your mask on-" You said as you followed quickly after him. He approached your front door and then paused for a minute, his hand resting on the handle.

"I know that..." He mumbled in a quieter and more tired than normal voice. You hadn't thought about how he probably hadn't gotten any sleep last night... it couldn't have been comfortable being in that suit.