Unmasked - 34

You blushed at the sound of his voice... you were obsessed with the way he seamlessly lowered his voice. You looked up at his face, his eyes were fixed on yours.

"Well, yeah... and I'm not usually on rooftops.."

The batman took a few steps closer, without saying a word, causing you to slightly back up. This continued till' you nearly stumbled off the ledge behind you.

You let out a small gasp as you lost your footing. The bat grabbed onto your arm, holding you from falling backwards off the side of the building.

"Who sent you?"

Bruce/the batman said as he glanced again at the suit you were wearing. 

"N- no one.."

"Really?" He did not let go of your arm after you balanced yourself. 

"I just want to help-"

Bruce looked at your eyes, as if he were debating if he knew who you were...Abruptly, he let go of your arm, turning to see the batsignal turn on again. 

Without saying a word, he grabbed your waist pulling you closer to him as he began to grapple to another building, swinging you both through the air.

You wrapped your arms around him tightly, pressing your face into his neck while squeezing your eyes shut. You began to slip as his firm grasp on your waist loosened slightly as you were descending a building.

You let out a small scream, trying to clutch onto his armor, not realizing that your hooded mask had fallen off midway, as your eyes were still squeezed shut.

You felt his arm wrap around you tightly as he caught you from slipping, bringing your body to the front of his, causing you to wrap your legs around him, and your arms around his neck like a reversed backpack.

He landed abruptly onto what you assumed was solid ground, but you kept your eyes shut, and didnt let go of him. You heard him clear his throat, as you had your head nestled into his neck where his cape tucked into his suit.

"We're on the ground now."

You slowly lifted your face from his chest/neck, slowly looking up at him to find his head tilted, looking at you. A sudden light seemed to appear in his eyes and a very light blush appeared on his cheeks.

"y/n?"

His voice nearly cracked as he said your name, realizing who you were without the hood on. You bit your lip to not respond by saying Bruce.

You felt his grip on you tighten as you began to let go, causing you to hold back onto him again. He wasn't letting you go. You blushed, looking away from his face wondering if you should tell him you knew.

"Yeah....  that's me-"

You let out a faint giggle, unwrapping your arms from his next, as he held your waist/legs to him still.