Compromise - 13

//a; sorry for the plot building chapter, but it had to be done. //

You didn't know how to feel. You had just lost your job, and now you were walking in the rain crying.

You looked around at the city. The air was cold and moist. You heard the buzz of people living their daily lives, you found it strange that everyone passing you had a life of their own. Your mind drifted back to batman.

You wondered if you had ever met him in your day-to-day life, without a mask on. You sighed, letting your mind drift back to Bruce Wayne. Did he see those articles?

You checked your phone, seeing he hadn't texted back. You sighed, walking with no real direction through the streets of gotham. You put your phone back in your pocket, only to feel it buzz. 

You quickly pulled it back out seeing it was a text from Bruce. 

-((Text you had sent earlier: "Are you seeing the news right now? Good thing we got out of there."))-

Bruce:     "I'm glad we got out too. How did you sleep?"

You bit your lip. 

Should you tell him about the batman? 

You also wanted to ask if he had seen the horrible articles about you and him at the party last night.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a loud slam, which made you fumble your phone, and drop it into a puddle.  You mumbled curse words as you picked up your now broken phone and shoved it into your pocket. You weren't able to text Bruce back.

The slamming noise came from a door to a strange looking building had just probably opened and shut.

You noticed a slightly illuminated sign next to the door.

You thought to yourself.... no way... 

The sign read "The Iceberg Lounge"

The club owned by penguin.... you shuddered remembering last night.

Penguin's men were after you for information. No doubt they'd be shocked if you just walked into the building. You wanted information and so did they... Maybe you could get a janitorial job there.

You walked up to the door, holding your breath as you knocked on the door. It flung open, and two men who looked like they were twins, opened the door. 

They looked at you, one of the twins raised an eyebrow. 

"ID?" One of the men muttered, narrowing his eyes at me. Neither of them seemed to have recognized you as y/n l/n yet, and you reached into your pocket to grab your wallet.

"I'm here looking for a job...Can I talk to your boss?" You slowly started to pull out your ID, looking at them.

"Strange, we don't have any scheduled interviews or meetings. If that's what your here for, you can leave."