Reunion - 21

"When can I see Bruce again?" 

"Soon, I promise. He's returned to the manor already and is resting."

~~~The next day~~~

After that phone call with Alfred, you were in higher spirits. You desperately wanted to see Bruce again, to see him well, to thank him for the job opportunity... 

You looked at yourself in the mirror, you were dressed in a nice business casual, as today was your first day at Wayne Enterprises. 

You took a deep breath in before you left and caught a taxi to the building. You looked down at your phone and sent Bruce a quick text, even though you knew he probably wouldn't respond.

"Today's my first day at Wayne Enterprises... thank you for the job again"

As you got out of the taxi and walked into the building, you felt a few peoples eyes on you. You hoped it was just your social anxiety, but you couldnt be sure. 

The articles about you and Bruce were everywhere.... so they probably knew who you were.

"Hello Miss l/n, my name is Lucius Fox, I received word that you would be joining us today."

You smiled, following him to the elevator.

"Nice to meet you Mr Fox, and yeah... although I dont really know why.."

He gave you a light chuckle as the elevator began to rise to the top floor.

"Mr Wayne has spoken highly of you."

You blushed a little then shook your head.

As the elevator opened and you both walked out, the smell of... office? Filled your nose.

The tape, paper, the rush of people as they clutched files in their hands. The shine of the sun through the glass windows, it was all so vibrant yet serious.

Something about observing this environment made you realize a key thing.

Working here would make Bruce your direct boss... You bit your lip thinking about him saying he wanted to remain professional with you. Would he say that, even after confessing that he liked you?

You followed Mr fox towards a room, the door read Bruce Wayne.

"To get started, we will have you sort through the files on his desk and take them to their respective locations in the building. Marketing, Business Proposals, etc."

You nodded, walking over to his desk, and sadness filled you as you realized it had been over a week since you last saw him. You wondered if he still felt the same about you.

"I must go, once you finish that you are free to leave for the day. Your official training starts tomorrow. Get to know the place before you leave."

Mr fox left the room, leaving you alone in Bruce's office. It felt almost wrong to be in there.