The Suit - 33

A loud bang awoke you from your sleep. You looked at your phone, it was 4 in the morning now. As you tried to get back to sleep, your body was already wide awake, after essentially 3 hours of sleep. 

You got up, ignoring the strange suit in the closet, and the events that had passed weren't your concern right now. 

Knowing Bruce was out there risking his life worried you, but intrigued you at the same time. You walked out to your couch, and turning on the tv to see breaking news. The headline read: 'Batman spotted downtown, massive damage to multiple stores.'

The scene cut to a video of main street, where a building was partially on fire, and the stores displays were broken on the ground, along with broken glass. It made your heart drop. 

The news anchor began to speak. "Witnesses say they saw the batman chasing a suspect from the scene, but seemed to be in a fatigued state, to hear more, we're interviewing one of the key witnesses who owned one of the shops."

A man in a cafe employee's outfit came onto the screen, his eyes were panicked.

"Y'know... I've worked here for 20 years, and I've never seen anything like him... the batman... I've begun to be thankful for him, even with all this damage..."

"It must've been nervewracking being so close to him and the suspect... did you get a look at them by chance?" 

The man sighed. "All I saw was my shop being destroyed... but if you ask me, I think we need more people like the batman out there, people who are willing to stand up for this city beyond any legal matter..."

You bit your lip. Your heart rate began to increase at the insane idea coming into your head.

"You're saying Gotham needs more vigilantes, is that correct?"

"You heard me right... and if anyone out there's watching... who has a strong moral compass and sense of justice...."

The man looked directly at the camera for the first time. It felt like he was staring directly at you...

"Do it." He said, as he pushed his round, clear frame glasses up.

The video cut back to the news station and you sat there in disbelief. The media definitely was going to be all over this.. not just for the damage that occured, but what that man said could potentially land him in a lot of trouble...

You looked at your gun that was laying untouched. If Bruce was in danger... he could get out of it himself... but what that man said on the news, it made you feel different.

You leaped up off the couch running to your room, putting the suit back on hastily and making sure your hair was not visible through the hooded mask. There was even an empty spot to holster your gun... 

You walked to the other room, putting it on you, just in case... You had no idea what you were doing, but you couldn't risk not bringing a gun, even if that was a horrible thing to bring when potentially aiding the batman.