The Elevator - 38

//Welcome back y'all, sorry for the long wait! I lost my initial plot outline so I got really unmotivated, but I'm back! Also, super excited about the 2nd batman film being confirmed! Thanks for the support - dr.//

Bruce's advances were out of nowhere, but you couldn't lie it was welcomed. Your mind rushed through a million possibilities at the sudden gesture. The mental image of Bruce dressing you raced through your mind. 

"I'll get dressed myself, just give me a minute-" 

You said, turning away from him and rushing towards his bathroom, against every fiber of your being wishing you had just said yes. He was probably just teasing you, but still.

You quickly got dressed into the clean formal business wear that Alfred had handed you, it fit perfectly. As you finished getting dressed, you opened the door walking back over to Bruce, who now stood waiting, leaning against the bed post. 

"You look very nice.."

 Bruce said, a slight smirk playing on his lips. He stood up straight, gazing at you up and down before turning to walk towards the doorway. You quickly followed, blushing at the flirtiness. 

~~~~

As you both made your way to his car, Bruce helped you get into the passenger side before getting in himself. It was silent, and you were deep in thought. A lot had happened in the past 24 hours, and going into work at a time like this seemed strange.

"So, why are we headed in today?" You asked, poking Bruce's shoulder softly as he drove. 

"Well, the media division is covering a story on you, so I thought it would be proper for both of us to attend the meeting they're having." He said, keeping his eyes on the road, but sliding his right hand onto your thigh, resting it there. 

Your eyes widened, admist all the chaos you had nearly forgotten about the wild stories and college offers you had received in your email. "They have it all wrong if they think I'm a prodigy.. what's the paper going to be about?"

Bruce grinned. "Its mainly about your point of view from certain things, I don't know much but they'll be asking about some of the past work you've done." 

You nodded, embarassed. 

~~~

Upon arriving to the Business tower, Bruce gently held your hand in his as the two of you walked towards the entrance. Security was on their game today as there wasn't the usual crowd of media snobs surrounding the front of the building. 

As you walked to the elevator with Bruce, you noticed a few people mumble as you passed, but paid it no mind. 

"So, anything else besides the meeting on me?" You asked as the elevator doors closed.

"Not that I'm aware, I'm sure the board would keep me busy for hours if I asked." He said shrugging. 

"Right, and you don't have time for that since you're the b.." You paused, grinning, as you nudged into his shoulder a little as the elevator rose up. 

Bruce frowned, looking down at you with playful eyes. He wasn't having any of your teasing. "Since I'm what?" he said, his voice deepening unexpectedly.

You backed up out of habit as his body turned to face you. "Well you knowww-" You said with a small laugh as you locked eyes with Bruce.

The elevator rumbled, letting out a loud screeching sound of metal gears grinding. "That doesn't sound good-" you said in one breath, noticing as Bruce's eyes darted towards the elevator doors. 

Bruce opened his mouth to say something, but just as he did, the elevator began to drop in a momentary freefall, causing you to lose your balance.

Out of surprise and fear, you clenched your eyes shut, only to feel Bruce's arms wrap around you just before the elevator stopped falling. As the emergency brakes thudded, you both slightly lost your balance.

Bruce stumbled slightly, being quick to catch his feet, tightening his grip around you. The situation had led to you being pressed against the elevator wall. 

"Are you alright?" Bruce said in a soft voice, his demeanor slightly changing at the sudden event. 

You nodded, looking up at his face. You could tell that he was leaning against you and the wall for extra support. "Yeah, but are you okay... You're the one who's already injured-"

He leaned off of you, regaining his balance and standing up straight. "A little elevator bump isn't going to hurt... but back to what we were talking about before." 

He wasn't going to let your teasing go, even when you both were stranded in an elevator. You decided to play back. 

"What do you mean?" You said with an innocent smile, crossing your arms behind your back. 

Bruce once again closed the distance between the two of you, towering over you as you leaned against the wall of the elevator. He looked down at you, leaning close enough to your face that you could recognize his breathing patterns.

"Since. I'm. What?"

His voice dropped in a raspy whisper causing your ears to tingle. 

"Well you're...."

You mumbled softly, taken aback as he used the voice he spoke with when he was batman. Your mind flashed back, remembering when you had passionately kissed him in the suit, one of the first times the batman had saved your life.

"The batman" You said, your voice trailing off as you said the title outloud. Bruce's face was neutral, his eyes staring into yours as you spoke. His pupils dialated as you spoke his alter-ego's title. 

"Did you like me more when I was in the suit, when you kissed me, did you do it differently?" Bruce's voice taunted as his face hovered in front of yours, his lips inches from yours. His eyes darted down to your lips then back to your eyes as he spoke.

"You were more rough... in the suit, you know.." Your voice quivered as your cheeks heated up. It was true.

Bruce's eyes lit up, his cheeks forming a small smirk as he pressed his lips against yours, kissing you. One of his hands wrapped around your waist, pulling you off the wall and against him, and the other slide behind your neck and into your hair.

He broke the kiss, keeping his lips ever so slightly against yours just to say one phrase ever so slightly. 

"You drove me crazy that night in the lounge.." He mumbled in a breathless whisper before placing his lips back against yours before you had the chance to react.