In The Open - 37

"Miss y/n... if you would allow me to take it from here.."

Alfred said softly as you backed up a little. 

"B-but.."

You looked at him laying on the floor, still. Alfred reached to feel for a pulse after pulling Bruce's glove off.

"He's going to be alright... he still has a strong pulse, and as you probably may already know, I am used to situations like these..."

Alfred used a gentle tone as he began removing Bruce's armor from his body. His eyes were shut tightly and you could still hear his breathing.

"I understand.. but, please at least let me help get his armor off.."

You scooted closer, beginning to help Alfred, who had nodded slightly in approval. 

After a few moments of silence of the both of you working to removed the damaged armor off of Bruce, you noticed Alfred's face had a small smile on it. You raised your eyebrow, not mentioning anything but focusing back on Bruce. 

"You know, he's going to have a lot to say to you once he's conscious and well..."

Alfred mumbled as you both finished getting him out of the batsuit, leaving Bruce in his signature black tshirt and cargo like pants.

"I figured as much....."

You sighed, standing up and backing away, letting Alfred begin to tend to his wounds, which thankfully weren't fatal but probably would be if Bruce was any normal person..

"He told me about the night you helped him... and while he said he was very thankful, he also said he never wanted to put you in a position like that again... So please, get some rest, it will definitely put his mind at ease a little..."

You nodded, understanding. You knew what Alfred meant... Bruce was batman for a reason, to help others.. he probably felt like such a burden...

"I'll be in his room then... if you need any help, just call for me Alfred.."

"Thank you, y/n." Alfred smiled as he continued to tend to Bruce's wounds as he talked. 

You turned and walked out of the room, heading back up into Bruce's bedroom. You were nervous... As you crawled into his bed, you hugged your knees. How would Bruce act now that it was out in the air... 

You hoped it wouldn't be harsh... especially because you knew for so long and didnt tell him.. Strangely enough, most of the anxiety you had was lifted from your chest, and you fell asleep curious as to what the morning would bring.

~~~~

You yawned, hearing the faint chirping of birds outside. You squeezed your eyes closed even more. You had slept very well that night..... In the midst of your morning brain fog, you didnt realize where you were for a second... Until your mind caught notice of the warm arm wrapped around your waist, and the resting hand just underneath your shirt against your skin.