The Night Of Lies - 26

"Bruce, what is that journal-?"

Your voice was slightly shaken as you stood up, shoving the pictures in your pocket. 

Bruce held the journal tightly in his hand and turned away from you.

"Don't you dare walk away-"

He remained still, turned away from you, not saying a word.

"I saw one of the pages... and I'm confused Bruce... I'm scared..."

HIs body was tense, and he clenched his jaw and you looked at his balled fists. He was either angry, or scared.... but why would he be scared? 

You made him face you, and looked up at him. He was silent, but his eyes really said a lot.

They were sad, frightened, filled with emotions that you wished you understood. You let out a deep breath and grabbed one of his hands, holding it with both of yours. Whatever emotion you were feeling before, slowly dissapated.

"Bruce... I just don't understand. You have a file on me?"

You were looking at his eyes, but his gaze avoided yours. The silence combined with his expression made you sad.

"Is that all you saw?" He finally muttered. 

"I could only read a sentence before you took it from my hands... it said something about saving me..."

You gulped, as his gaze quickly snapped to yours after you had said that.

Its as if his eyes were trying to tell you everything by just looking at you, but all you could tell was that it was something serious.

"It's nothing, really. Just a journal. I call it a file but its really more of a diary. About you."

You blushed a little, but cleared your throat. 

"And the saving part?"

"It's just a turn of phrase... I don't remember what file or page you're referring to but-"

"File entry 6" You cut in.

You noticed his demenor change as you said that and he cleared his throat, looking away from you again.

"Well... I'm pretty sure I said you saved me, and not the other way around..." He muttered, his face slightly pink and his voice was more quiet.

To be honest, you couldn't completely recall the sentence... maybe he was right, it would make a lot more sense.... the number 6 was strange though. If he was referring to the first time you hooked up or met... It was strange, it felt like the number was too high. What else would he be writing about you?

And he wasn't bringing up the photographs, which made you wonder... 

"Ah okay......" Your face blushed even thinking about it. 

"Then why did you-"