Weakness - 18

Your face went slightly red, embarrassing enough. 

The batman's voice was cold and precise. His eyes remained a steady gaze with yours.

He backed you into a wall, his grip on you tightening. His anger was fueled by mixed emotions of lust and disappointment. Something you didn't fully understand.

His face was inches from yours, and parts of his armor pressed against you.

"I... I was just saying..."  You finally muttered, after a few short moments of agonizing silence between the two of you.

The club was booming in the background, as he sighed and slowly backed off of you.

"It isn't safe for you he-"

His voice was cut off by the sound of screams and panic filling the air of the club. Your body froze in response. 

His head snapped to look towards the main club area but then he looked back to you. 

"Please... get out of here, I need to go-"

You could tell there was a strain in his voice, that he wanted to stay with you but needed to intervene in the current situation.

You nodded, and as you did he turned and ran off towards the main floor. 

You walked towards the back exit, noticing him fighting and disarming people through the glass. 

As you looked away you heard a strange sounding voice from behind you.

"Miss y/n....... l/n..." 

The man let out a small cackle and you tried to scream as he leapt behind you and clasped his hand over your mouth. 

"He'll come looking for you, wont he? You've got him wrapped around your finger... your body... and my friend doesn't like that."

You struggled in his grasp, trying to break free. What friend was he talking about? Who was this guy?

He dragged you to a breakoff room in the club, and shoved you to the floor, pulling out a gun. He pointed it at you and you scrambled on the floor, looking into the barrel of the gun. 

The man before you was no ordinary person... he didn't seem like a person at all. His face was covered in what seemed like clowns makeup and his hair was bleached. 

It was the joker. 

Batman had locked him away 2 years ago, how was he out now?

"H- what do you want?" 

Your voice stuttered, looking at the gun.

"I want to take away batsy's closest friend and make him realize that you're just like every other criminal in this city. Worthless, corrupt, and fake.

Your eyes watered as the joker kicked you to the ground, stepping on your fingers.