Photographs - 24

After you both teased each other for a while, you eventually took a taxi home after wishing Bruce well.

You realized you had forgotten to ask him to turn his phone back on so that you two could talk more. You hoped that he wouldn't be stuck in bed for much longer. 

~~~~

Another week had passed since you last saw him, and you were very tempted to break back into his house and see how he was doing.

That odd feeling from a few weeks ago was coming back whenever you thought about him, the manor, or batman. You didn't let it distract you from your work though.

You were starting to get accustomed to working for wayne enterprises, and today would be the first board meeting you would get to attend.

You took a deep breath as you got out of the taxi in front of the business tower. In your hands you had a few files, a notebook, and some pens. You were prepared to take as many good notes as you could, but were still uneasy on potentially answering questions or contributing to the conversation.

You hoped that it would go well. You had done a few meetings before, but they were smaller scale and not with the board members. As you walked into the elevator you heard a commotion near the visitors desk. 

You wondered what that could be about, but didnt have any time to check. 

As you got off the elevator and walked towards the meeting room another employee stopped you.

"Excuse me Miss....y/n? is it?" 

A man with short blonde hair grabbed your arm to get your attention.

"Yes, thats me... I have to be at the board meeting in a few minutes, I'd love to stay and chat-"

You began to tug away from the mans grasp as he didnt let go.

He pulled back slightly, causing you to drop all of the things you were carrying. He let go shortly after and kneeled down to pick the things up. You kneeled down too, trying to grab things faster.

"I am so sorry- I didn't mean to hold onto your arm like that.... I zoned out while looking at you..."

You raised an eyebrow as he handed you the things you dropped and you stood up. 

"What?"

He grinned slightly and cleared his throat. 

"I was so distracted by your beauty y/n--- is it okay if I call you that?"

"This is a professional setting, I'd prefer it if you address me by my last name."

You sighed, beginning to walk away. He followed you.

"Please wait.... I wanted to talk to you about something..."

His voice sent a strange feeling down your spine.