Mystery Girl - 9

a;   Before this chapter begins, thank you for interacting and enjoying the story so far! Shoutout to all those who read in incognito 

Alfred drove you back to your apartment, the ride was a little quiet at first.

"So, are you excited for the party tonight Miss y/n?" Alfred said, in his proper british accent.

You smiled. "Yes, I hope Bruce is alright though. He had to leave the dress store early, as you know.."

The truth was, you were a little concerned. He didn't seem only disappointed, but very distressed when that buzzer or notification went off.

"Master Bruce is a busy man, but he is trying his best to make time for you. He wouldn't want me telling you this, but he talks about you a lot." Alfred said, in a hush voice.

You nodded and giggled. It was strange, only knowing Bruce for about a week, but within that week you had spent hours together. He was a billionaire, making time for you. It made you blush to think about. 

In a twisted way you hoped people would see you next to Bruce tonight and wish they were you. It was a silly thought to have, you weren't dating or anything. But he definitely overcrossed any chance at being just friends today in the dressing room.

Alfred pulled up to your house, parking as he got out and opened your door for you. "Master Bruce wanted me to inform you that he will be coming to pick you up personally, just before the party starts."

You nod, as you get out of the car. Alfred hands you the dress from the back of the car and watches as you walk up to your apartment door. He makes sure you get inside, before getting back into the limo and driving off. 

You sighed, as you watched him through the window. He was really growing on you. You smiled at the thought of potentially hearing more stories from Alfred about him and Bruce. 

~~~~ Short Time-skip to the party ~~~~

You were in a hassle, trying to get ready for the party. You had received a text from Bruce that he was on his way, along with a small apology for earlier. 

You were able to zip up the dress on your own this time, and as you did you thought about when you first tried it on. You desperately wanted more of those moments.

You looked in the mirror at yourself, hoping your hair and makeup looked good. You were worried it wasn't the best, but you knew better than to be too hard on yourself. 

You heard a light knock at the door, causing your heart to skip a beat. Was that him? 

You walked over quickly to the door opening it to see Bruce. You blushed.

He smiled, and offered his hand/arm out to you to take ahold of, you accepted and he walked you to his car.