Iceberg Lounge - 5

Your mind was filled with thoughts of Bruce Wayne.

You knew you would be starting university soon, plus your job, you KNEW you probably didn't have time for crushes. But everything about Bruce was drawing you in. You wanted to get to know him more, but had that kiss compromised your chance at that?

You look through your window out at the now, near the pitch black sky. Illuminated by the city of Gotham. The batsignal was still being broadcasted into the sky. You slowly were reminded of your intrigue with the batman.

You looked back inside your empty apartment. You still hadn't unpacked all your boxes yet. 

The silence

The shadows of the boxes

The touch of Bruce Wayne that still lingered on your waist and lips.

Why did it feel like he had known you longer than a few days? 

Lost in your thoughts and intrigue, you heard a crash come from your kitchen. You quickly ran to see what was going on and a tall figure approached you. He had what looked like a knife, and a black trash bag.

You were knocked out cold within seconds of seeing the man, unable to fight back.

~~~~~~~~

Muffled voices pierced your ears, as well as a high pitched ringing noise. You opened your eyes slowly only to see nothing. There was a bag over your head, and you could feel the tape on your mouth, hands, and feet immobolizing you.

Sheer panic filled your heart. You didn't have friends in the city yet, you had just moved in.

Bruce would probably be too rich to notice your disappearance even with that kiss. 

The batman already saved you once, what were the chances of that happening again?

You started to come to your senses as the fear and panic truly set in. The mumbling from the room you were in began to become more clear. It was a few men talking. You recognized the song playing, the booming shaking the floor.

This had to be a club? A bar?

The bag was ripped off your head, and in front of you stood a man with ugly scars on his face, and a twisted grin. 

"So you're the reporter thats got the whole underworld wondering?"

Tears ran down your cheeks as he got closer to you, the man slowly ripped off the tape on your mouth, while brushing his hand against your cheek in the process.

"I was going to kill you after I got the answers I wanted, but now Im not so sure... Maybe we could have some f-"

You spat on him and tried to break free of your restraints. "Leave me alone! He'll come, someone will find out what you're doing and-"

"When you try to intimidate someone, you need to actually make the lie believable." The man said.

A few other men dressed in suits stood near a door, both wielding guns.