The Party - 2

After putting on your formal dress, you sat waiting for the business limo to pick you up. It felt weird, almost as if you were one of the important rich people. You had to remind yourself that this was strictly for business. 

It didn't help that the only dress you could find was the strapless, slick black colored with an open back. You felt like you looked good, but maybe it wasn't good or professional enough. You hoped that Miss jones wouldnt fire you over your clothing, but you could already tell that woman was a real asshole.

The car came to pick you up and you got in, looking around at gotham's scenery on the way to the party. You pulled out your phone seeing yet another article about Bruce Wayne. He was starting to get on your nerves just a little. 

As the car pulled up to the party location, you felt your heart rate pick up. You hadn't felt this nervous in a while. You saw the paparazzi everywhere (although you were essentially glorified paparazzi), as you stepped out you walked inside wondering where miss jones was. 

You began to walk around talking to people about the new partnership and asking for statements. Your nerves began to calm down. Some people would ignore you or decline to comment and others would sit and talk about statistics and blah blah bruce wayne.

As you were about to take a break you walked over to the refreshment table and saw a group of 2 men discussing something related to wayne enterprises and the predicted outcome of the new partnership. This was perfect. It sounded like the man with the slick hair really knew what he was talking about. 

As you approached the men you realized how good smelling the guy in the nice suit and slick hair was. He had a nice defined back. You shook your head and cleared your throat remembering you needed to remain professional. You weren't a teenager anymore, why did your brain always do this to you?

"Hello Im y/n l/n from the gotham gazette and I was wondering if you could comment on-"

The man with the slick hair turned around to face you and the other guy glanced at you. 

You realized the man who you were just romantizing about in your head was none other than BRUCE WAYNE. You mentally face palmed. 

"I'm so sorry for i-interrupting I didn't realize it was you Mr Wayne.."

You mumbled, embarassed.

He looked at you for a minute in silence, and glanced back at the other man.

"We can continue this discussion later, excuse me."

He then turned to look back at you and extended his hand.

"No need to apologize Miss l/n. Nice to meet you"

You shook his hand your brain going wild. His voice was on the quieter side, he seemed completely different then what you expected. He was actually polite and seemed pretty shy in a way but his eyes looked so tired and sad. 

Bruce interrupted your thoughts. "Miss l/n? Are you feeling well?